TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Rose97 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rose

Points: 5,727, Level: 11 Points: 5,727, Level: 11 Points: 5,727, Level: 11

Unhappy 17 and I'm worried I may be pregnant - April 22nd 2014, 12:16 PM

I'm 17 and have been sexually active for some time now.
I have always either been on the pill or used condoms until recently when I went off the pill due to it greatly affecting my moods (it made me severly depressed and I had a psychotic episode - all normal again now though).
Because condoms make sex feel a lot less exciting than without, for the last month (since the last day of my period) we haven't used protection.
This was only after we used a new brand of condoms and as he was ejaculating inside of me, the condom broke. I opted not to take the morning after pill as it makes me violently ill and during the middle of end of school exams, losing a day and a half study was not an option for me.
Anyways, I then got my period nearly two weeks after so definitely not pregnant from that episode.
However now, I am 5 days overdue for my period of a normal 28 day cycle. I could even be technically later though since my period has regularly been coming earlier than the 28 day mark. Sometimes only by 2 days or so and like last time, by nearly two weeks.
I'm freaking out that I'm pregnant now because of my late period.
For the past month we've had a lot of sex. I took a pregnancy test a couple of days ago (negative) but the last time we had sex was last Tuesday (so a week ago) so therefore it hasn't really been enough time for me to take another pregnancy test yet.
Every time we have sex, I make him pre-cum beforehand with my mouth or with a hand job and he always pulls out (I know not a reliable method of contraception) and comes somewhere else on me.
I am really freaking out now though.
I can't afford to be pregnant and although my boyfriend has already said not to worry considering he's footing all abortion and medical costs (it would the abortion pill since the pregnancy would be less than 9 weeks) should worse come to worse; however I would feel forever guilty if he had to waste $600 on something like that.

I am stressing something chronic and I haven't been exercising so maybe that has contributed. However my late period is not my only stress, I am very stressed over about 3 other major things too.
I'm losing my hair and having panic attacks... It's not good but this potential pregnancy thing has got me in fits.

I thought about trying to take lots of vitamin C as I read it can induce your period? Does anyone know about this or have experience with it?

Thank you all so much in advance.. There is such a helpful and wonderful sense of community on here and I hope someone can help me 😔 xx
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Rose97 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rose

Points: 5,727, Level: 11 Points: 5,727, Level: 11 Points: 5,727, Level: 11

Re: 17 and I'm worried I may be pregnant - April 22nd 2014, 12:18 PM

I might also add that I have had my normal pre-period symptoms like swollen breasts and eating heaps of food. Not to mention irritability. But now they're starting to dwindle a little and that has me even more freaked out.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23

Re: 17 and I'm worried I may be pregnant - April 22nd 2014, 02:03 PM

Stress can cause your period to be delayed, so that could play a part in this. But having unprotected sex, even if h ejaculates prior to entering you, could still leave you getting pregnant. The best advice for you now would be to wait until 14 days after you last had unprotected sex, and take a pregnancy test. That's the only way you'll know for sure.

If you've only recently stopped taking birth control then it's normal for your periods to be irregular until they settle down. But it's a bad idea to have unprotected sex, especially when you've said you're not ready for a child yet. There are other forms of contraception you could try so you should speak to your doctor about which ones could work for you. Otherwise, condoms are the way forward. Having sex without any type of protection is just asking for trouble, and you will end up getting pregnant.

Good luck.

Closed Thread