TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,592, Level: 10 Points: 4,592, Level: 10 Points: 4,592, Level: 10

Unhappy I think I may be pregnant at 15. - November 10th 2015, 04:03 PM

I am new to this so hopefully I am doing this right.

So I am 15 and I have been having sex with the same guy for about a year now without protection of any sort. I don't talk about it because I don't want people to call me rude names or be immature. We have been together for almost 2 years and have sex frequently. Only close friends know.

My period comes the 23rd of every month. I was due for my period October 23rd, which would put me at 2 weeks and 4 days late. I am not having many symptoms though. This morning I woke up at 6am from a dead sleep with the intense feeling that I was going to puke. I sipped some ginger ale and ate some crackers and it calmed the feeling down enough to go back to sleep. So far today I have had this light nauseousness all morning. Then I have noticed I have been sleeping much longer then usual. I used to sleep 3am-8am and now i am sleeping 11pm-9am which is extremely odd for me. I might just be stressing over nothing, but this isnt normal for me.

Last edited by Sarahmichelle003; November 10th 2015 at 04:25 PM.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Astrophile. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Brittany

Points: 19,786, Level: 20 Points: 19,786, Level: 20 Points: 19,786, Level: 20

Re: I think I may be pregnant at 15. - November 10th 2015, 04:26 PM

Hi there,

You can take a pregnancy test and it will give you an accurate result being that your period is over two and a half weeks late. I have to say that because you're having unprotected sex, you are at risk for pregnancy. There could be other reasons for your symptoms, but when you have sex without protection, there is a higher risk than if you were using protection.

Most women don't have symptoms of pregnancy for a while, so depending on how far along you might be your fatigue and nausea may just be starting now. Like I said though, these symptoms could be a result of something else.

Your best bet would be to take a pregnancy test as soon as possible. Can you do that?

After you take the test, it'll be about three minutes for a result, and then you'll have your answer. You'll know for sure whether or not to make a prenatal appointment to discuss options with a doctor.

I hope this helps. If you need to talk, please feel free to message me or respond to this thread.

Take care of yourself, okay?

There is no beauty without some strangeness.
-EAP-

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I think I may be pregnant at 15. - November 10th 2015, 04:40 PM

I am going to try to get a pregnancy test this weekend. It is hard being my parents/family does not know so I need to do it secretly.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Astrophile. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Brittany

Points: 19,786, Level: 20 Points: 19,786, Level: 20 Points: 19,786, Level: 20

Re: I think I may be pregnant at 15. - November 10th 2015, 04:54 PM

Does your boyfriend know/suspect that you are pregnant? Could he go with you to get a test?

There is no beauty without some strangeness.
-EAP-

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I think I may be pregnant at 15. - November 10th 2015, 05:03 PM

Yes he knows I may be pregnant. He is going to try to get a test on Friday the 13th and be there with me when I take it.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39

Re: I think I may be pregnant at 15. - November 10th 2015, 08:37 PM

Honestly, if you are going to be having sex you need to be responsible about it. At least buy some condoms from the store or you can pick some up for free at Planned Parenthood. Sex is not worth the risk of pregnancy. I also recommend talking to your mom about birth control, she doesn't have to know you are having sex, you can just tell her you want it to regulate periods and improve your skin.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: I think I may be pregnant at 15. - November 11th 2015, 01:46 AM

I agree with Nicole. If you get a negative test, I would still consider getting an appointment with a health professional to look into getting birth control or you and your partner can get some condoms or reconsider sex from here on out. Sex without any protection is very risky for pregnancy, and by your age, fear and the frowny icon beside the title, I can safely assume pregnancy is not something you want. There are many ways to prevent it, including many birth control methods that are easy to hide from others so that nobody is immature or calls you names. It may depend on your age and where you live, but we can easily help you look that up. Let us know how the results go. If you end up pregnant, TeenHelp can also help you through the options. You're not alone; it seems that your boyfriend is there for you, along with the community here.

something burning?
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: I think I may be pregnant at 15. - November 12th 2015, 03:56 PM

I agree with Nicole and Traci, if you're going to have sex then you really need to be responsible about it. If you're having sex without protection then it is just a matter of time until you get pregnant unless one of you is infertile.

Make sure you get a test; if you can't go, your boyfriend can. Many pharmacies have bathrooms if you aren't comfortable bringing a test home or to anywhere else that you can use it. If the test is positive then you need to go see a doctor to have the pregnancy confirmed, you have options to explore.

If the test is negative, then you really need to go get condoms and, ideally, some sort of birth control like the pill, nuva ring, or IUD. You can get the pill and condoms for really cheap or free at places like Planned Parenthood. (You can also get a pregnancy test at a lot of them)

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
l3hub Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,708, Level: 10 Points: 4,708, Level: 10 Points: 4,708, Level: 10

Re: I think I may be pregnant at 15. - November 26th 2015, 11:10 AM

Hey Sarahmichelle, is everything alright? How are you doing now?
Closed Thread