TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Marmaine Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,143, Level: 9 Points: 4,143, Level: 9 Points: 4,143, Level: 9

Exclamation Late on period, please advise. - June 20th 2016, 09:41 PM

Background Information:
  1. Last period on 15/05/2016
  2. Currently on Day 38; haven't got my period yet
  3. Condom used: Durex Extra Safe

I am a teenager and I had protected sex on:
  • 10/06/2016 (Day 27); my first intercourse for the first time
  • 14/06/2016 (Day 31)

My partner ejaculated in the condom only after he pulled out. He did not ejaculate while he was inside me even though he was wearing a condom.

I did a "water test" on both condoms to check for holes after use. Both condoms were looking good, nothing out of the ordinary.

However, on 10/06/2016 (Day 31), while we were doing the deed, my partner lost his erection and he took his penis out. It took us a minute or so before he penetrated again. At the end of it, he pulled out of me and ejaculated in the condom - and that was when I spotted some white little fluids at the base of the condom. I am not sure about whether those fluids were pre-ejaculation fluids from him or vaginal fluids from me.

Is there any cause for concern regarding this?

I had expected my period to come on the 15th this time as my last three periods started exactly on the 15th too.

I do not have any unusual symptoms or signs as well. My boobs did hurt on 17/06/2016 (Day 34) and it usually is a sign that my period is about to start.

As you can see, it has been 38 days since my last period and I have not got my period yet. This is getting extremely worrying and I am losing sleep over this.

Please advise as much as possible, thank you.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: Late on period, please advise. - June 20th 2016, 10:05 PM

Hey,

So while using protection is better than nothing, typically condoms can only prevent pregnancy about 80% of the time. Even if you don't see a hole, doesn't mean there isn't a tear too small for your eyes to see. So, there is always a possibility of pregnancy if you use protection or not. Protection just makes it less likely.

You have to wait at least fourteen days after you have sex for an over the counter pregnancy test to work. So if you conceived on the 10th, you can't expect a positive pregnancy test until at least the 24th. However, taking a test is the only way to know if you are pregnant. You would not be experiencing any pregnancy symptoms this early, the only indicator that pregnancy is possible is a missing period. So for now, just try to relax as you wait a few more days. You can buy pregnancy tests over the counter at any grocery store or pharmacy.

Now a missed period doesn't mean that you are pregnant, but since you are sexually active it is worth taking a test to make sure. Periods can be late or not come at all for many reasons, mainly stress or illness. I know that relaxing right now seems impossible, but the more you stress, the further you can delay your period.

If you plan on having sex again in the future, know that there are more effective forms of birth control out there. You will need to talk to your doctor about what your best options are and to get a prescription.

I hope that answered your questions, please feel free to let us know if you have more.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Late on period, please advise. - June 21st 2016, 03:37 AM

Hey there,

I agree with everything Lizzie has says. I think the best thing you can do is take a pregnancy two weeks from the last time you have had sex. I know the waiting can be killer but I don't think you'd have to wait too long as of now. You can get pregnancy test at the grocery store and sometimes the dollar store has them. The pregnancy tests I have gotten were about $16 but I got clearblue and I am under the impression that they are more expensive.

I think that you should definitely consider getting on birth control. It's great that you have been using condoms but there is always a chance that you will get pregnant with them. For personal reasons, I use condoms and birth control and if you feel like you would be overly anxious about pregnancy that might be something you would want to consider.
Closed Thread