TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Missyhaha Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 3,938, Level: 9 Points: 3,938, Level: 9 Points: 3,938, Level: 9

12 Weeks Pregnant - September 29th 2016, 07:43 PM

Hi, I'm currently 12 weeks pregnant and do not want this baby and not an abortion. Is there anyways for self induced miscarriage?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: 12 Weeks Pregnant - September 29th 2016, 07:59 PM

Hello there!

There is no way to safely induce an abortion. Not only is it extremely dangerous for yourself, but it is also illegal in most places. You will need to talk to a medical professional about this. The laws are different for every area, so you need to talk to a doctor about what your options are. A miscarriage at that point in the pregnancy, even a natural one, would require medical care to make sure that the placenta was fully delivered. Even a tiny portion of the placenta left in the body can cause serious illness. We are talking life threatening blood loss and sepsis. So no matter what, you would have to see a doctor. There is no way around it.

There are also women's clinics that can help talk out your options, whatever they may be in your area.

Please let us know if you have any more questions. I know pregnancy can be tough, but self inducing an abortion is not the path you should take. You have options and you should talk to someone about them.

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: 12 Weeks Pregnant - September 30th 2016, 02:32 AM

A self-induced miscarriage is still an abortion, but an unsafe one. You have options for having one done safely and medically by a professional, or exploring all of your safe and legal option. Where do you live? (Country, and if USA, state) I can help you find resources and explain the laws in your area. You're not alone, and you don't have to do this alone. If you're more comfortable discussing privately, PM me.

something burning?
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,247, Level: 9 Points: 4,247, Level: 9 Points: 4,247, Level: 9

Re: 12 Weeks Pregnant - September 30th 2016, 02:40 PM

Have you considered adoption? There are many individuals who wish to have children but who cannot have children themselves. Abortion will often times be something that will cause health problems for you in the future both physically and emotionally. Often times there may be the option for you to have an arrangement where the child will be able to still see you. Just a thought
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

Points: 20,599, Level: 20 Points: 20,599, Level: 20 Points: 20,599, Level: 20

Re: 12 Weeks Pregnant - September 30th 2016, 05:33 PM

i've heard about herbal abortions, you could research that.
i don't know if that's the dangerous type of self-induced abortions the posters above are talking about, but it might be worth looking up.

if you really don't want this baby, i'm afraid you'll have to get an abortion. or, as the person above said, put it up for adoption. but that also opens a whole new group of concerns.

just do what you feel is right, and if possible, talk to a trusted adult or the father for some advice and help.

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: 12 Weeks Pregnant - October 1st 2016, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekersofHISwill View Post
Have you considered adoption? There are many individuals who wish to have children but who cannot have children themselves. Abortion will often times be something that will cause health problems for you in the future both physically and emotionally. Often times there may be the option for you to have an arrangement where the child will be able to still see you. Just a thought
Adoption is a great option. However, there is no evidence that abortion causes emotional (Source: American Psychological Association) or physical problems, with medical abortions actually being safer than childbirth (Source: National Institute of Health). It is a minor surgery and it'll have comparable complications. This is not to erase the experiences of those who face problems, but it's inaccurate to use physical and emotional complications as a con due to how rare they actually are.

something burning?
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread