TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Skyline Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Skye

Points: 11,420, Level: 15 Points: 11,420, Level: 15 Points: 11,420, Level: 15

Question possibly pregnant...? - May 22nd 2017, 07:03 AM

Me and my boyfriend have just started having sex recently, and my period was due a week ago but never came so I thought that to be safe I should ask you guys what you think of this.

I'm not on the pill so we just used regular condoms as contraception, and as far as I know there haven't been any mishaps with it, no breakage or anything. Also my periods are usually pretty irregular: they'll sometimes come a full two weeks late, sometimes start up for two days, stop for another two, and then continue for the remaining three days, they'll sometimes last four days, sometimes over a week, sometimes I'll get excruciatingly painful cramps, sometimes nothing... So the fact that I'm a week late doesn't worry me that much, but since I've started having sex again I'm being cautious.
Also, last week I did notice some signs which to me would usually indicate my period coming: I felt very PMS-y (easily irritated, hyper-emotional), I felt some cramps here and there (like I do before getting my period), and I noticed my discharge getting slightly darker (which for me usually happens like 1 or 2 days before my period starts). As well as this I noticed something unusual which I've never had before but I just assumed it was part of the pre-period shebang; after peeing I noticed that I had a tiny trace of blood on the toilet-paper, from extremely light bleeding. It hadn't spotten my underwear at all and wasn't dripping or anything, I had to literally wipe it to get a trace of it. I assumed that that was the start of my period, but it stopped after a day, along with all of the other symptoms. Just totally gone.
Normally I wouldn't worry at all if these symptoms dragged out over 2 weeks, because they sometimes do come 2 weeks before my period; however they never just randomly stop; they only end when my period starts, and it didn't. (and that blood was nowhere near enough to be period blood.)
I've also noticed myself peeing quite a lot (and me and my boyfriend sometimes joke about it bc it's so frequent), but I'm not sure if that's just something that's always been there and I've just noticed it now because of my boyfriend pointing it out, or if it really has just appeared over the past month. I mean, I drink quite a lot of tea and tea makes you pee a lot, or so I've heard.

I've done a tiny bit of research and found that common early signs of pregnancy (as well as the universally-known "missing a period") include cramping (which feel just the same as period cramps), spotting, feeling over-emotional, and needing to pee a lot...

I'm thinking I'll wait another 1-2 weeks to see if my period comes, and if it doesn't I'll get a pregnancy test. (never gotten one before. dunno how to proceed... but anyways. I can figure it out.) It would still help me to hear what you all think of this.

Cheers!

"You shall love your crooked neighbour / with your crooked heart."
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Oneirophobia Offline
Fear of Dreams

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kayla C

Points: 19,348, Level: 20 Points: 19,348, Level: 20 Points: 19,348, Level: 20

Re: possibly pregnant...? - May 22nd 2017, 08:19 PM

Being as your period is technically late already, and you say normally you have those symptoms right before it starts. I wouldn't wait to take a test.
Go out buy a test and just test. No harm in it. It happens.
If its negative wait the week or so and if you still don't get a period test again.

From what your saying it's possible that the blood you had from wiping could be spotting from implant bleeding.
I don't want to scare you things happen. Sometimes you don't always notice. Just take a test to ease your mind. If your pregnant is should come up that you are by now.

Good luck. You can always message me. I've been pregnant twice. Don't worry about it. Periods can always be late because of stress.

I fell in love the way you fall asleep. Slowly then all at once <3

HelpLINK Mentor|Forum Moderator|Social Media Guru|Photographer|Chat Moderator
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Nonoka Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Nonoka

Points: 4,302, Level: 9 Points: 4,302, Level: 9 Points: 4,302, Level: 9

Re: possibly pregnant...? - May 23rd 2017, 02:40 AM

Condoms actually work pretty well if used properly so if you didn't notice any leaking or breakage I would say it's unlikely that your pregnant. I also have a very irregular period in the same way you described. After I started having sex, every month when my period was due soon I would start stressing and worrying that I might be pregnant and I would start to get the same symptoms that you described: very light spotting when wiping and peeing a lot but I still always got my period in the end. I've heard stress can cause early pregnancy symptoms especially if your aware of what early pregnancy symptoms are. If your really worried about it then definitely take a pregnancy test soon to ease your mind if nothing else.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: possibly pregnant...? - May 23rd 2017, 03:41 AM

No form of birth control is 100% effective and different forms of contraception have varying degrees of effectiveness.

I think you should consider taking a pregnancy test just to ease your mind. You can take them two weeks after the last time you've had sex.

Since you have irregular periods already it is possible that you aren't pregnant though so I would try not to stress because stress can actually delay a person's period.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Skyline Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: possibly pregnant...? - May 23rd 2017, 04:30 PM

Update: I bought a pregnancy test and I'm gonna do it first thing tomorrow morning, just to put my mind at ease... fingers crossed :/

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Oneirophobia Offline
Fear of Dreams

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kayla C

Points: 19,348, Level: 20 Points: 19,348, Level: 20 Points: 19,348, Level: 20

Re: possibly pregnant...? - May 23rd 2017, 08:06 PM

Good luck. Let us know

I fell in love the way you fall asleep. Slowly then all at once <3

HelpLINK Mentor|Forum Moderator|Social Media Guru|Photographer|Chat Moderator
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Skyline Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Re: possibly pregnant...? - May 24th 2017, 05:35 AM

Took the test as soon as I woke up, and the result is negative!!! I'm not pregnant I can go back to enjoying my period being late instead of worrying about it!! Wooh!

(#8 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
Article Editor

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 63,002, Level: 36 Points: 63,002, Level: 36 Points: 63,002, Level: 36

Re: possibly pregnant...? - May 25th 2017, 08:19 PM

That's the only time I like getting my period is because it's saying 'hurray, you're not pregnant again this month'..

I mean, I wish we could just get a text instead!

Anyways, since this has been sorted I'm going to go ahead and close the thread. PM me if you want it reopened or just start a new one

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

Article Editor
Social Media Guru|Live Help Mentor|HelpLINK Mentor
Chat Moderator|Forum Moderator(Young at Heart)
Closed Thread