TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
blahteen15 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,859, Level: 13 Points: 8,859, Level: 13 Points: 8,859, Level: 13

Either I am Stupid or Pregnant, or both. - February 15th 2010, 02:44 AM

I know very little about pregnancy, basically just the common sense things. I am a virgin, I have never had any contact with the male race (my only experience sexually is masturbation), yet I feel there is a possibility that I am pregnant. I don't know why...

One day I felt as if I had nausea and I hadn't had a period in 3 months. Now, 2 months later, I feel as if I am getting larger and I'm starting to have strange feelings in my stomach, heartburn and back pains. I read online that if you tell yourself something enough (for example, "oh, I have swine flu) you will convince yourself that it is true. Is it possible that I am just freaking out way too much and that I have just set myself up for some mind game?

At first, I got over it blowing off the whole thing knowing it couldn't be true, but then it all popped back into my head when my mom commented one day saying "You're looking pregnant."
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Nicolette Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Nicolette

Points: 12,657, Level: 16 Points: 12,657, Level: 16 Points: 12,657, Level: 16

Re: Either I am Stupid or Pregnant, or both. - February 15th 2010, 02:48 AM

if you're a virgin then you're not pregnant, something may be happening with your cycle, if you're on birthcontrol it may be having affects on your body (bloating and such) if you've recently just started your period then it isn't unusual for it to be sparatic for the first while. When I first started mine I'd get it once, not have it for two months then get it again incredibly light... if you're really worried I suggest seeing your doctor. You're obviously not pregnant if you're a virgin.

"When it comes down to it I let them think what they want, if they care enough to bother with what I do then I'm already better than them." Marilyn Monroe.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
I can't get enough

Name: Andrea

Points: 25,797, Level: 23 Points: 25,797, Level: 23 Points: 25,797, Level: 23

Re: Either I am Stupid or Pregnant, or both. - February 15th 2010, 02:57 AM

You are not stupid or pregnant. You may have what is known as Pseudocyesis “false pregnancy”
http://www.womens-health.co.uk/false_pregnancy.html
You display all the symptoms of being pregnant but you really aren’t. Take a look at the source.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
J&M's Mommy Offline
Formerly SilasLove:)
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Kala

Points: 14,585, Level: 17 Points: 14,585, Level: 17 Points: 14,585, Level: 17

Re: Either I am Stupid or Pregnant, or both. - February 15th 2010, 09:54 PM

I think it is best to see a doctor about the symptoms and such. I do believe you are not pregnant, but it could be something else that could harm you.

Single Mommy since July 2011
Joseph, 4 and Madelyn, 3

my back-to-back babies are 1 year, 1 week and 1 day apart.
Closed Thread