TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
haveXhope Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 9,163, Level: 14 Points: 9,163, Level: 14 Points: 9,163, Level: 14

Pregnant....Again? - June 21st 2010, 05:03 PM

I was sexually abused for months. This guy I was with was very abusive and he forced me to have sex with him. He also, refused to wear a condom. So I got pregnant...

I unfortunately had a miscarriage at 3 months along. (December 2009). He broke down and continued forcing me to have sex because he wanted a baby so badly. Sex occured almost everyday, unprotected, for 2 1/2 months after that.

I got my period, well what I thought was my period, in April 2010. It was only a few days, when it is usually much longer, and it was not heavy and no cramping was involved.

I missed my period May, and June.. no sign of a period.

A few days ago, I realized I haven't had my period and I've been getting sick and feeling nauseous. I'm always tired... and my boobs have been getting bigger. I've also gained about 7 pounds. I'm not sure what to think because I thought I had my period in April.

I got rid of the guy, so he can never know about this. But I need help. Do you think there is a possibility of me being indeed pregnant again? Or do you think it's just a delayed period?

-Bee

Bri.
I wanna know how it feels to be happy.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Allons-y! Offline
Don't blink.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Points: 14,604, Level: 17 Points: 14,604, Level: 17 Points: 14,604, Level: 17

Re: Pregnant....Again? - June 21st 2010, 05:23 PM

It sounds like you're pregnant, especially since you've missed your last two periods. Get a test and go to the doctor; you're exhibiting all the signs.

let me light up the sky, light it up for you
let me tell you why, i would die for you
When you whisper, you must be absolutely as sincere as when you scream.
9 out of every 10 problems in relationships can be solved by talking. So why are we so damn quiet?
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
haveXhope Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Pregnant....Again? - June 21st 2010, 05:26 PM

I'm going to take a test today... :/

Bri.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
iHEAVENn Offline
.:Try Forever:.
I've been here a while

Name: Amy

Points: 14,744, Level: 17 Points: 14,744, Level: 17 Points: 14,744, Level: 17

Re: Pregnant....Again? - June 21st 2010, 07:38 PM

The light bleeding you had in april could have been implantation bleeding. Take a test, or schedule a doctors appointment. If you take a home test you should still schedule a doctors appointment even if that test comes out negative.

good luck and glad you got rid of that guy!

.:6:21 a.m.:.
.:12-01-2007:.
.:Logan Jacob:.

Baby HunterComing 7/12/14
My Everything

I support Project Linus!
Let Go Laughing
"It took a pair of soft blue eyes, and a smile so sweet.. to make me reach up high, and really dig down deep.."

(#5 (permalink)) Old
hoongirl Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Annie

Points: 10,294, Level: 14 Points: 10,294, Level: 14 Points: 10,294, Level: 14

Re: Pregnant....Again? - June 21st 2010, 07:43 PM

Im glad you got rid of that guy, you deserve better.
And yes, it sounds like you could be pregnant. If you are, you have me and tuns of people on here to talk to. I had a miscarriage last year so I understand how hard that is, even though I wasnt in the same position as you. Im always here if you need to talk.
Wishing you the best.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Forsaken Archer Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,599, Level: 13 Points: 8,599, Level: 13 Points: 8,599, Level: 13

Re: Pregnant....Again? - June 21st 2010, 08:00 PM

To be quite blunt and brutally honest.

That miscarriage was probably a blessing in disguise. Seriously anyone that sexually abused you and forced you into something, you cannot have a child with that person.

Secondly I hope if you are pregnant, you terminate it. Because you are far too young to have a child and you are in no position to raise a child at your age and state of mind.

Abortion exists for a reason, seriously it is your best option.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Steph-O
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Stephanie

Points: 14,069, Level: 17 Points: 14,069, Level: 17 Points: 14,069, Level: 17

Re: Pregnant....Again? - June 21st 2010, 09:47 PM

or adoption... you don't have to abort if you can't keep the baby. Keep that in mind. I'm sorry you were abused. I hope everything turns out okay for you.

Like a diet of the mind, I just choose not to indulge certain appetites; like my appetite for patterns; perhaps my appetite to imagine and to dream. - A Beautiful Mind

I met Steven October 3rd, 2008. We've been practically inseperable ever since. ♥
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
haveXhope Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Pregnant....Again? - June 21st 2010, 11:48 PM

Okay. For one. I would never abort any baby of mine. Even if it was with an abusive guy. And two, you don't know who I am so you can't tell me I'm not in the right state of mind, and age doesn't matter. And any miscarriage is not a "blessing in disguise". So... yeah, think again before you throw things at me.

And thank you all for your kind words and hoping that I'm okay. I took the test today and it came out negative. I'm going to the doctor though to make sure everything is okay.

Bri.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
haveXhope Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Pregnant....Again? - June 21st 2010, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveXhope View Post
Okay. For one. I would never abort any baby of mine. Even if it was with an abusive guy. And two, you don't know who I am so you can't tell me I'm not in the right state of mind, and age doesn't matter. And any miscarriage is not a "blessing in disguise". So... yeah, think again before you throw things at me.

And thank you all for your kind words and hoping that I'm okay. I took the test today and it came out negative. I'm going to the doctor though to make sure everything is okay.
I'm sorry if that sounded mean. I am 100% against abortion and the miscarriage was really hard on me, but I've picked myself up from it.

Bri.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Steph-O
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Stephanie

Points: 14,069, Level: 17 Points: 14,069, Level: 17 Points: 14,069, Level: 17

Re: Pregnant....Again? - June 22nd 2010, 02:20 AM

I understand that, i feel the same about it. I had a phantom pregnancy... that's not as bad as an actual miscarrage, but I know how bad it hurts. It's probably good that you arent pregnant though, cuz things would be tough. Stay safe and keep us updated about wheather or not ur okay. I'll be prayin for you.

Like a diet of the mind, I just choose not to indulge certain appetites; like my appetite for patterns; perhaps my appetite to imagine and to dream. - A Beautiful Mind

I met Steven October 3rd, 2008. We've been practically inseperable ever since. ♥
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
FreedbyHim Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 9,917, Level: 14 Points: 9,917, Level: 14 Points: 9,917, Level: 14

Re: Pregnant....Again? - June 22nd 2010, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveXhope View Post

Bee,

You have so many options available to you if you are pregnant; you are not limited to abortion, adoption, or keeping the child. What you do is your choice, your parents can have input; but aside from your parents I would personally not allow anyone else's opinion to affect my decision. Because this is with an abusive boy I personally believe he has given up his rights to have a say. Just like with a rapist, they should not have a say in what the mother does.

I am very happy for you because your test came out negative, but like others have said before me; you should still see your doctor for a more accurate pregnancy test.

I agree with you, no miscarriage is a blessing; it has emotional consequences on you as the young woman who experienced this. Whether or not you wanted a child, it still does effect you emotionally.

Here are some other things to think about and consider, talk about them with your doctor and if your comfortable, your mom. Birth control could always be an option, I know you said you left this boy, but for anytime in the future it could prevent or minimize the chances of this happening to you again. If it does happen again in the future, there is always the Plan B pill that you can get at your local pharmacy. Despite common beliefs, it is NOT an abortion pill - it simply prevents sperm from fertilizing the egg. I believe it does a bit more than that, but I know it immobolizes the sperm. It is not abortion, which I see from your comments that you are opposed to that personally.

I hope this helps, and I pray that all goes well at the doctors. Take care

"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief...and unspeakable love." — Washington Irving

HelpLINKMentor since June 24, 2010
Live Help Operator since July 6, 2010
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
sarah679 Offline
ella xx
Not a n00b

Points: 9,918, Level: 14 Points: 9,918, Level: 14 Points: 9,918, Level: 14

Re: Pregnant....Again? - June 22nd 2010, 11:36 AM

hey there honey,
first of all, let me just say, i am so so sorry that you went through that. he had no right to do that to you. secondly, the only thing you can really do, is go to a doctor or health clinic and get tested. im so proud of you for leaving him aswell. that was brave and definatly a good decision. hope everything goes well, let us know.
ella xx
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
haveXhope Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Pregnant....Again? - June 22nd 2010, 03:51 PM

Thank you. I'm so happy I finally escaped him.
I'm going to the doctor next week to figure out whats going on.
Because I know sometimes home pregnancy tests are wrong.
And there was a broken line so I'm not sure...
I'm praying for everything to be okay. Thank you all for your prayers. I appreciate it.
Also, I am abstinent. I never wanted to have sex. But just in case I am indeed going on birth control to make sure. Because I never expected to get raped again.
I hope everything works out.

With all of you too, PM me anytime you need to

Bri.
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Allons-y! Offline
Don't blink.
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Charlotte

Points: 14,604, Level: 17 Points: 14,604, Level: 17 Points: 14,604, Level: 17

Re: Pregnant....Again? - June 22nd 2010, 03:54 PM

Good choice with the birth control =) It'll be good to go to the doctor even if you're not pregnant; you should definitely get checked for infections, etc. Good luck.

let me light up the sky, light it up for you
let me tell you why, i would die for you
When you whisper, you must be absolutely as sincere as when you scream.
9 out of every 10 problems in relationships can be solved by talking. So why are we so damn quiet?
Closed Thread