TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MissBlueEyes Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,429, Level: 13 Points: 8,429, Level: 13 Points: 8,429, Level: 13

Possible Pregnant? - August 12th 2010, 11:14 AM

So I am planning on going to the doctor, I am going next week. This thread is to try to ease my mind. Let me say this before anyone comments...My boyfriend and I have decided not to do anything else that is sexual until we are married.

Here's the problem. In June my boyfriend and I took a shower together, we were up against one another but he didnt come. Then a couple days later we had anal and didnt use a condom but he pulled out before he came. Other than that we haven't done anything else. My problem is that my period is two months late. (My periods are usually irregular) but, I am really scared that I might be pregnant. I am getting pain in both sides of my abdomen ( which i've had for months but they are kind of worse now) I have bad heartburn, I get nauseous and I feel sick all the time. I'm just wanting opions on what the likelyhood is of me being pregnant and why my period is late. I am overweight and have been under a lot of stress lately and my sleeping schedule has changed in the past month. What are your thoughts?

Oh and I took 2 tests from the dollar store and they came out negative. Should I trust them?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
mommieof2 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Nellie

Points: 11,862, Level: 15 Points: 11,862, Level: 15 Points: 11,862, Level: 15

Re: Possible Pregnant? - August 12th 2010, 04:29 PM

Well honestly I wouldn't trust the tests from the dollar store. I don't know if you seen my post about a false positive yet or not, But those were from the dollar store. You could always buy a more expensive pregnancy test and see if it still comes back negative. I would still go to the doctor to find out why your periods are so irregular even if you aren't pregnant. I went through that before i had my oldest son and they put me on birth control and i haven't had that problem since.

I doubt you are pregnant since he didn't cum inside you. And a change is sleeping habits, diet or stress can affect your period.

*Nellie*
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Points: 52,404, Level: 32 Points: 52,404, Level: 32 Points: 52,404, Level: 32

Re: Possible Pregnant? - August 12th 2010, 07:59 PM

Hey,
While anal sex without a condom can impregnate you, the chances are much more slim since the sperm would have to travel from the anus into the vagina and then up to the uterus (that's a lot of swimming!) Plus, his ejaculation was not inside of you anyways, so the only sperm that could have travelled would be pre-ejactulation, which contains significantly less sperm than a full ejaculation. Buying a more expensive test (if it's an option), might put your mind at ease, but if you are seeing a doctor anyways, perhaps he/she could run a more accurate one for you.

Your late period seems sort of normal, no? You said yourself, "my periods are usually irregular" and that you "have been under a lot of stress lately and my sleeping schedule has changed in the past month." Both of these indicate that not having your period yet is totally normal for you. Your body schedule is changing a lot, and with the added stress, anyone could have missed a period.

You're other physical symptoms might be from something else- the abdomen pain seems pretty serious and I would definitely have that checked out (as you are doing so). Heartburn can occur for many reasons unrelated to pregnancy as well. I do think you should mention all of these things to your doctor though so you can get treated properly.

To be honest, from what you've said, I doubt you are in fact pregnant- but even if you DO test positive, there are many options! No need to worry or stress yourself out even more. Everything will work out

Take care,
-Amy

Closed Thread