TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#41 (permalink)) Old
soul Offline
Any fool can criticize
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mimi

Points: 20,103, Level: 20 Points: 20,103, Level: 20 Points: 20,103, Level: 20

Re: Fiancee's Pregnant (2 months) and I'm scared... - January 12th 2009, 08:35 PM

I am glad you are warming up to the idea. Don't be worried about hurting either of them just don't ever do it! Best Wishes!

As long as we can dream, there will be unicorns.
  (#42 (permalink)) Old
LucyLouWho Offline
In that order...
I've been here a while

Name: Chelsey

Points: 22,344, Level: 21 Points: 22,344, Level: 21 Points: 22,344, Level: 21

Re: Fiancee's Pregnant (2 months) and I'm scared... - January 12th 2009, 09:26 PM

It's so nice that you're getting used to the idea of being a parent. Just hang in there and be for your fiancee. You obviously love her very much and she's going to need your help and support. I'm sure everything will turn out just fine. :]

Previously Mommy.Wife.Student
  (#43 (permalink)) Old
Cerne Offline
Average Joe

Points: 10,517, Level: 14 Points: 10,517, Level: 14 Points: 10,517, Level: 14

Re: Fiancee's Pregnant (2 months) and I'm scared... - January 13th 2009, 12:09 AM

There's something magical about seeing a baby on the ultrasound.

Here's the thing that people haven't really discussed. Men are rarely ever happy about being a dad until their baby is born. In some cases they want to be dad beforehand but when its a surprise they're kinda angry or indifferent. It takes actually seeing the kid for their instincts to kick in. A mother on the otherhand has her instincts kick in automatically.

Anyway, about the situation here. Here are the options.

1. You convince her to give it up (abortion or adoption) the result is that she'll never recover emotionally. A mother is automatically going to be more attached to their child, its just natural. If she's already bonding to it and now its taken away from her, she won't ever recover from that. Of course you don't want abortion so we don't have to worry about this unless she gives it up for adoption. I'm of the opinion that adoption isn't really a good solution either. Adopted children often develop psychological issues and you can't ever be completely sure of the adoptive parents even with all the checks (not saying thats always the case, or even the majority).

2. You run off. In this case she gets to keep the baby, she'll be hurt but she'll recover. The child however will be emotionally crippled because their father was never there. That creates a lot of emotional and psychological problems. Its not really fair to deal an awful blow to a child's life from the beginning because of something that you couldn't deal with in your life.

3. You stick around. One or two things can happen. Either you grow from this, and growth isn't always such a bad thing (just because you're an 'adult' doesn't mean that you're jaded and miserable), and you fall in love with this baby and get even closer to the mother. Or things don't go so well, you feel trapped and as a result end up causing problems and taking it out on your family.

So option three seems like the best option to me. 1 and 2 are bound to hurt your fiance and the child. Option 3 has a chance to hurt you, but also a chance for everyone to be happy. It has a lot to do with your perspective on the issue. I hope you make the right decision.

Family is what you make it - Sammie

The wounded dear leaps the highest - Emily Dickenson
  (#44 (permalink)) Old
Mizu-Kun Offline
People-Eater
Average Joe

Name: Saito

Points: 14,344, Level: 17 Points: 14,344, Level: 17 Points: 14,344, Level: 17

Re: Fiancee's Pregnant (2 months) and I'm scared... - January 13th 2009, 05:07 PM

Yeah, I'm planning on staying around, and trying to do something right...
  (#45 (permalink)) Old
One of those old people ;)
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Amber

Points: 12,951, Level: 16 Points: 12,951, Level: 16 Points: 12,951, Level: 16

Re: Fiancee's Pregnant (2 months) and I'm scared... - January 13th 2009, 07:22 PM

glad to hear it. Sorry if I was a little harsh before, but sometimes people need a dose of harsh reality to help them see they need to grow up

"omg i might be pregnant!?!?!"

"ok..calm down..pee on your keyboard...nope its negative"

(#46 (permalink)) Old
Cerne Offline
Average Joe

Points: 10,517, Level: 14 Points: 10,517, Level: 14 Points: 10,517, Level: 14

Re: Fiancee's Pregnant (2 months) and I'm scared... - January 14th 2009, 04:04 PM

Well, I'm proud of you. I know this can be very scary, but I think if you put your heart into it, then you'll be able to do the right thing. = ]

Family is what you make it - Sammie

The wounded dear leaps the highest - Emily Dickenson
Closed Thread