TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,532, Level: 13 Points: 8,532, Level: 13 Points: 8,532, Level: 13

Question pregnant? is it probable? - October 29th 2010, 11:06 PM

now...i know what everyone is going to say. if you had sex it's possible that you are pregnant and i know that but...i want to know if it's probable. or am i just being ridiculously paranoid.

okay so i had unprotected sex...several times after being on birth control for 2 months. never missed a pill. latest i've ever taken a pill is an hour and fifteen minutes late. well it says within an hour so...i guess it would just be 15 minutes late really. and that was the day after i had sex for the first time. if that makes a differences. anyway...i had my period about 4 or 5 days after the last time i had sex. so...i know it's possible for me to be pregnant because i had sex but...how probable is it really?? i think i'm probably just being really paranoid but...i wanted you guys opinions!! thanks
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Commiseration Offline
Average Joe

Name: Sam

Points: 11,000, Level: 15 Points: 11,000, Level: 15 Points: 11,000, Level: 15

Re: pregnant? is it probable? - October 30th 2010, 12:23 AM

If you're on the pill then it's not really unprotected sex... beside the point though! Seeing how you've taken the pill correctly it should be okay. And you've had your period so I think it's quite unlikely you're pregnant. I wouldn't worry too much about it right now. If you miss your next period or something then you may want to get a bit concerned. Use a condoms next time for added protection, but as always, remember no form is 100% fool proof. Just use common sense and stay safe.

-Let the Music Play-
"There's no way to explain why life is filled with so much pain. But do the flowers ever grow in the places it don't rain?"

"But the unfortunate truth is that, while being different from everyone else can be exciting at first, ultimately it can get a little lonely."

"The floor seemed wonderfully solid. It was comforting to know I had fallen and could fall no further."
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Verità Offline
Formerly KeeperOfMysteries
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Alice

Points: 13,234, Level: 16 Points: 13,234, Level: 16 Points: 13,234, Level: 16

Re: pregnant? is it probable? - October 30th 2010, 01:13 AM

I'd say the chance is very, very small. You're probably just over-thinking it, I wouldn't worry If you want to settle your nerves a bit more, I'd suggest taking a pregnancy test.

’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the [mome raths] outgrabe.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Nicolette Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Nicolette

Points: 12,657, Level: 16 Points: 12,657, Level: 16 Points: 12,657, Level: 16

Re: pregnant? is it probable? - October 30th 2010, 01:17 AM

The chances are small but they are NOT 100%, even on birth control there's always a chance of getting pregnant, using a condom along with your birth control would be smart but the odds are up to you. If you think there's a chance I suggest you take an at home test, you can get them at any store that has a pharmacy section, make sure you read the directions carefully so you can get the most accuracy from your test.

"When it comes down to it I let them think what they want, if they care enough to bother with what I do then I'm already better than them." Marilyn Monroe.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
LucyLouWho Offline
In that order...
I've been here a while

Name: Chelsey

Points: 22,344, Level: 21 Points: 22,344, Level: 21 Points: 22,344, Level: 21

Re: pregnant? is it probable? - October 30th 2010, 01:50 AM

If you had your period, you're probably not pregnant. Not impossible, but very highly unlikely.

Previously Mommy.Wife.Student
Closed Thread