TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sämyboy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,555, Level: 14 Points: 9,555, Level: 14 Points: 9,555, Level: 14

Another "Am I pregnant" Thread. I'm Sorry - February 23rd 2009, 11:13 AM

Hi there.

First of all, Thank you so much for the site for giving me support in different situations.

On to my question though.

2 days ago, my gf and I were having sex when suddenly the condom broke. This has happned for both off us for the first time. We were quite scared, but then convinced ourself nothing had happend.

We noticed it IMMEDIATLY. I was nowhere nere to the point of ejaculation, so I guess only pre*** could have been on the site. I have done some research that pre*** does not contain sperm, unless it picks it up from the uethra (picking up the old sperm from a older ejaculation).
The last one that I had from that time was 24 hours ago. I had been to the toillet MANY times. So that should be a plus point aswell.
She is supposed to get her period tummorrow. So we were no where near her ovulation time. (She has a very regular 28 day cycle)

So the odds would be small. Or am I wrong?
Would appreciate some help.

Thx
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
VanishingActs Offline
~kiss it better~
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Vicki

Points: 12,010, Level: 15 Points: 12,010, Level: 15 Points: 12,010, Level: 15

Re: Another "Am I pregnant" Thread. I'm Sorry - February 23rd 2009, 11:51 AM

Although you are less likely to get pregant from pre-cum than from a full ejaculation there is still a chance. No contraception is 100% reliable as it is so technically there is always a chance, even though using contraception lowers this chance considerably.

Although you are more likely to get pregnant around day 14 of your cycle when you ovulate you can get pregnant at any point.

You can get a blood test from the doctor 5 days after unprotected sex or buy a home pregnancy test 14 days after unprotected sex.

If you ever have an accident again then do not forget the option of the "morning after pill" which is valid up to 72 hours after unprotected sex and available from family planning centres and chemists. However, do not rely on this method often.

The best thing to do would be to make sure your girlfriend is not pregnant and then advise her to go to the doctor and see if she can get some other form of contracepion, for example, the pill or the injection. Then if you were to use condoms on top of that, for example, your chances of conceiving a baby are lowered considerably.

I hope everything works out for you.

Take care,
Vicki

Live on love.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Sämyboy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,555, Level: 14 Points: 9,555, Level: 14 Points: 9,555, Level: 14

Re: Another "Am I pregnant" Thread. I'm Sorry - February 23rd 2009, 01:11 PM

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

If she would be pregnant, and we had sex 3 days before her getting her period. Would she still get her next period? Or would she miss the one in a month? And still have the one now?

Thanks
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
BrittneyNicole Offline
live with intention.
I've been here a while

Name: Brittney

Points: 21,441, Level: 21 Points: 21,441, Level: 21 Points: 21,441, Level: 21

Re: Another "Am I pregnant" Thread. I'm Sorry - February 23rd 2009, 01:18 PM

It all depends on her body, I think. Wait to see if she gets this period. Regardless though, I would take a pregnancy test 10-14 days after sex took place. If you don't want to wait that long you can go to her doctor and get a blood test 5 days after she has sex. If you two are going to continue having sex she should probably talk to her doctor about birth control, even though you are using a condom.
Good luck and try not to worry until you know. :]

"You've just been B-Wildered." -Brian Wilson <3
Trumpet love; Tenderlips.

"Where there is love there is life."- Mahatma Gandhi

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

(#5 (permalink)) Old
J&M's Mommy Offline
Formerly SilasLove:)
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Kala

Points: 14,585, Level: 17 Points: 14,585, Level: 17 Points: 14,585, Level: 17

Re: Another "Am I pregnant" Thread. I'm Sorry - February 25th 2009, 04:12 AM

Most likely she would have her period; pregnant or not. That is because the pregnancy hormone will not be strong enough in 3 days to stop her from starting her period. But it is possible she wont. Also, come girls have periods during early pregnancy. (Not trying to scare you or anything!)

I think the chances of her being pregnant are low.

Single Mommy since July 2011
Joseph, 4 and Madelyn, 3

my back-to-back babies are 1 year, 1 week and 1 day apart.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Dansefleur18 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,815, Level: 14 Points: 9,815, Level: 14 Points: 9,815, Level: 14

Re: Another "Am I pregnant" Thread. I'm Sorry - February 27th 2009, 09:19 AM

The only way you will know for sure whether you are pregnant or not is to take a pregnancy test. Did you take the morning-after pill? Most tests can be bought from the chemists or you can go to your doctor for a blood test. If you are old enough, they are not required to tell your parents.
Closed Thread