TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not4you Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jenna

Points: 8,531, Level: 13 Points: 8,531, Level: 13 Points: 8,531, Level: 13

I'm Pregnant.... - January 11th 2012, 05:09 PM

I have taken two at home pregnancy test and they both came back positive. I am 19 and I don't want a kid right now. The father is some guy I hooked up with and he says he would be there for me but I don't want a kid. I am looking into abortion pills but I am not sure. I want to go to the doctor but I don't want my parents finding out. Please don't tell me to tell my parents cause that is not a option for me right now. I have insurance through my dads company but I don't know if he would see the bill or anything like that. I am stressed out right now and any help would be amazing.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: I'm Pregnant.... - January 11th 2012, 05:20 PM

Abortion pills could be really dangerous, so I wouldn't advise using them. There is also a chance that pill wouldn't even work so your best bet would be to get a medical abortion done by a doctor or qualified professional. If you're in the states, you could try contacting your local Planned Parenthood (www.plannedparenthood.org ) to set up an appointment. They have counseling services so you can go over your options, and there services are cheap and often free depending on the income you make. They can direct you to a well known clinic that does abortions so you don't have to put yourself in danger by taking the abortion pill. If you're in the UK, or outside of the states, try looking up local clinics that do abortions for cheap or free. I mean, well known clinics. Don't go to any dodgy clinics as that would be dangerous too. Your parents DON'T have to know about any of this, though I'm unsure if anything would show up on the bill. Probably though, so your best bet would be to contact the Planned Parenthood near you, or to find a clinic that will do an abortion for you. In the UK, healthcare is free, so you shouldn't have a problem with that if you live there. But, in the US, your best bet would be to contact Planned Parenthood and get advice from them on where to go to get a certified abortion done.

Good luck!

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Not4you Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm Pregnant.... - January 11th 2012, 05:26 PM

Yeah I'm in the states and was reading about Planned Parenthood online earlier. I will probably go check it out soon. Thanks!
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: I'm Pregnant.... - January 11th 2012, 05:36 PM

No problem! I hope things work out for you in the end! Keep us updated, or feel free to PM (just click on my name on the right hand side) if you have any more questions!

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DemonQueen Offline
amber_teh_shark since 2004
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Amber

Points: 15,178, Level: 17 Points: 15,178, Level: 17 Points: 15,178, Level: 17

Re: I'm Pregnant.... - January 11th 2012, 11:39 PM

So, I had an abortion earlier this year and if you're less than 8 weeks pregnant you have two choices. You can take the abortion pills that they give you or you can get a surgical abortion. The first pill they give you you have to take at the clinic and the second you take 12 hours later. It's not guaranteed it will work, but then again no abortion really is. I'm not sure how much the pills cost but when I had mine they said I was too far along for the pill. Anyway.. if you need someone that's been through this to talk to you can feel free to PM me whenever.

You'll have to make an appointment for a test and ultrasound first and then they'll schedule the procedure for later. I know it might seem like a lot to handle but they'll talk everything over with you and make sure you're comfortable with the decision you're making and they won't try to talk you out of it. No one should try to talk you out of YOUR decision. Anywho.. like I said if you need to talk, PM me. I'll be as helpful as I can and I can answer any question you might have.

I've been through hell and back and came out stronger than ever.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
I can't get enough

Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29

Re: I'm Pregnant.... - January 12th 2012, 01:04 AM

The others have given good advice ~ I'd say your best bet would be going to Planned Parenthood as they'll have seen lots of girls like you before and will give you the best advice on your options. Surely even if the doctor's bill showed up you could say you were there for another reason; you could even say it's private, or a general check-up or something.
Best of luck, I hope everything goes ok for you love. xx

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
I can't get enough

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Points: 38,514, Level: 28 Points: 38,514, Level: 28 Points: 38,514, Level: 28

Re: I'm Pregnant.... - January 12th 2012, 08:44 AM

I'm glad that you're looking into planned parenthood. As the others have said, get an abortion from a certified clinic, for your own safety. Before you have it done you can ask them if it will show on the bill, because medical care should be confidential. Good luck.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Jocelyn. Offline
Now fight.
I've been here a while

Name: Joce

Points: 15,451, Level: 18 Points: 15,451, Level: 18 Points: 15,451, Level: 18

Re: I'm Pregnant.... - January 12th 2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelophobia View Post
Abortion pills could be really dangerous, so I wouldn't advise using them. ... They can direct you to a well known clinic that does abortions so you don't have to put yourself in danger by taking the abortion pill.
Why do you say this? Using the abortion pill is considered a safe alternative to surgical abortion, it just carries its risks just like any other procedure. There is a higher chance for it to fail, and will make the procedure a little more drawn out and uncomfortable compared to surgical abortion... but I wouldn't go so far as to say its dangerous and she is putting herself in serious danger by taking it. Some women just feel a lot more comfortable feeling as though they are miscarrying in the comfort of there own home.

OP, here is a site I found comparing surgical abortion to medical abortion: http://www.fwhc.org/abortion/abpill-...e-surgical.htm It really is just whatever you feel more comfortable doing.

Like others have said, definitely go to Planned Parenthood. When I was in a position where I was considering abortion they were a great resource. They gave me parenting resources at well at adoption and abortion clinic references. They should be able to talk to you about payment options, options for lowered or waived fees and should know what will and won't show up on medical bills and insurance papers. Good luck, and we're here if you need to talk.

When reality is a prison, your mind can set you free.

Last edited by Jocelyn.; January 12th 2012 at 05:36 PM.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Not4you Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm Pregnant.... - January 12th 2012, 05:13 PM

Thanks everyone for being so nice and for all your advice and help! I will update you on how things are going later on
Closed Thread