TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LiveLifeFull. Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,443, Level: 12 Points: 7,443, Level: 12 Points: 7,443, Level: 12

Exclamation chances of being pregnant? - January 12th 2012, 03:25 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

ok, so i am on the combined pill, but as people say you are suppose to take it at the same time every day ... well i dont ? sometimes i dont wake up at the same time sometimes i am to busy or sometimes i forget i take it at different times of the day anyway, and have my break as normal on the 21st day.. but the nurse said u have to have a FULL 7 day break, but as soon as my withdrawl period ends i take the pill again so i dont think i have been taking it right and i had sex on the day my period ended after a bath obv so that is the point where your more fertile right ? anyway im not going to blab on im going to get straight to the point !!!

I have been experiencing a swallen left side of the stomach near groin a bit further up though and a bit onto the hip area but next to the vagina if you get me and it aches like A Dull achy feeling when i press it it feels hard and bumpy , i keep being hungry at stupid times my sleeping pattern is messed up and i keep feeling really sick .. like i am going to be sick but dont actually thorw up and i can not get comfortable at night in bed i am emotional reck to

i dont no if their is something wrong with my kidneys or something though with the problem i discussed up their i am really worried i could cry so anybody who has taken the time to read this i appreciate it and would like you to give me some advice :/ pls ?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: chances of being pregnant? - January 12th 2012, 03:36 AM

The only way to know if you're truly pregnant or not is to take a pregnancy test. The chances of you being pregnant are high, since you're not taking the pill as directed. If you're having a hard time taking it at the same time every day, pick a time during the night where you CAN take it at the same time, like after dinner or right before you. Set an alarm so you can remind yourself to take them pill; this is what I do. My alarm is set everyday for 2PM. You're also meant to give yourself the 7-day break if that is what your birth control pill directed. I know some pills have a 4-day break, so it really depends. Since you mentioned that your specific pill has the 7-day break, you should really give yourself that break. You could actually hurt your cycle by doing this.

Ultimately, you'll need to take a test to know for sure. We're not doctors, and only pregnancy tests and doctors can tell you if you're pregnant, or what might be the cause of the bulging in your stomach. Truthfully, it could be anything. It's best to take the test. If it comes up positive, you have your answer. If it comes up negative, you might want to take a trip to the doctor to find out what's going on.

You're also most fertile BEFORE your period, when you ovulate. There is a small time frame when you can get pregnant, and ovulation is THAT specific time.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
LiveLifeFull. Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: chances of being pregnant? - January 12th 2012, 03:44 AM

ok thankyou x
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: chances of being pregnant? - January 12th 2012, 03:50 AM

You're welcome. I wish you the best of luck, and if you need anything or have any more questions, please feel free to PM me.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
LiveLifeFull. Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: chances of being pregnant? - January 12th 2012, 04:12 AM

Ok i will do thankyou, i will let you know wat happened in the next few days or so xx
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
I can't get enough

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Points: 38,514, Level: 28 Points: 38,514, Level: 28 Points: 38,514, Level: 28

Re: chances of being pregnant? - January 12th 2012, 08:36 AM

I'd like to add that if you think this pill isn't working for you for whatever reason, you can ask your doctor's advice on changing to another one, maybe one with a four day break, whatever you think would be suitable for you.

Good luck with the pregnancy test, let us know how it goes, I hope that you get the result you want.

If it comes out negative I'd definitely suggest going to your doctor to find out whether or not there is something wrong with your kidneys, or anywhere else, given the symptoms. We can't diagnose you with anything on here but a doctor could.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.
Closed Thread