TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

LGBTQ+, Sexuality and Gender Identity This forum is for you to explore your sexuality and identity, whatever that may be.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ChrisB Offline
Average Joe

Name: Christopher

Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15

Exclamation Trans??HELP - January 19th 2010, 06:19 AM

So my whole life has seemed to be a lie, physically I am female but mentally emotionally and at heart i am male, i want to come out as trans on TH but i really dont know how to so i am here seeking advice also looking for a new name, as most of you know my name is Crystal (i dont want to be called chris or anything like that) but i dont know im just really confused so i was thinking of maybe playing the role of FTM here on TH
any suggestions help anything ??

~~me <3
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Rabbit Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jamie

Points: 9,122, Level: 13 Points: 9,122, Level: 13 Points: 9,122, Level: 13

Re: Trans??HELP - January 19th 2010, 10:10 AM

Well as a fellow FtM, first of all I gotta say...change your gender, dude! It says 'female'!
But if you feel like a male on the inside, then your gender is male! Sex is just physical, but gender is what you are on the inside.

And the best way to come out is probably just to say what you just said! You might be surprised how well people take it. All of my friends are very understanding and supportive of my gender identity.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
lost_chil Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Alice

Points: 17,029, Level: 18 Points: 17,029, Level: 18 Points: 17,029, Level: 18

Re: Trans??HELP - January 19th 2010, 03:43 PM

Heyy! I just saw "trans" and imediatly clicked on tis post ^^! I don't really know what to say, aside from, congratulations!!! It's an amazing step to put two and two together, I myself have recently come to terms with my gender issues(mtf).

As for comming out on th, I think you just did. That alone took alot of guts, good for you! As for what Rabbit said, you will be really surpised at how people take it on here. I've made a few friends(Rabbit including) when I came out on here. We are ALL here for you!

PM me anytime if you EVER need to talk, I may not know much about how it feels to be ftm, but I know what it's like to be trans period, so I can help and support as much as I can!

Love Alice <3

******EDIT*****

as for names, just google some names and try and find ones you like, I myself and not totally 100% on mine still, even though I love this name and already respond to it in person. ^^

I will PM you a couple of sites, mainly because I am not sure if we are allowed to post sites or not.

We May Be Miles Apart. But Your Always Closer To The Moon. And Brighter Than The Stars

PM me anytime! =D
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lucian

Points: 9,868, Level: 14 Points: 9,868, Level: 14 Points: 9,868, Level: 14

Re: Trans??HELP - January 20th 2010, 01:18 AM

That's great that you've realized it and started coming out on TH! I wish you best o luck on learning and discovering everything about this. As for names, yeah just do some internet searching and narrow things down and if you want opinions ask friends or TH. I myself recently chose my new name and had some input from TH members. I too will put out the invitation to PM me. I'd be happy to offer any advise, input, or experiences I have.
Closed Thread