TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

LGBTQ+, Sexuality and Gender Identity This forum is for you to explore your sexuality and identity, whatever that may be.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Auxillary Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: -----

Points: 7,860, Level: 13 Points: 7,860, Level: 13 Points: 7,860, Level: 13

Unhappy Problems of an mtf trans. - September 11th 2011, 12:35 AM

I usually keep to myself and not try and reach out to people for help with my gender identity, going school shopping is always depressing because I can never get or wear what Id like to wear, and even if my mother would let me get it I probably wouldn't wear it because I'd feel disgusted in myself if i seen myself in a mirror like usual, but also wanting to die because I wouldn't look like I belong in them either, I usually drown out the bad feelings by playing games online where I can be who I really want, all of this is my usual, happens a lot. But I asked my mom for wax strips to wax my legs, etc... I like winter because I can at least groom myself the way I like under my clothes. Because being hairy makes me feel disgusting and dirty, and here is how it went.

(exact words, I cant make myself forget about it.)

Me: Do you have any extra wax strips?
Mom: For your face? No
Me: No, for my legs.
Mom: Go on you freak.

My moms already knows I'm a mtf transgender but she acts like It's not part of me like if she ignores it it'd go away, I know she didn't actually mean what she said I'm just really upset over it and need someone to talk to.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Daivia Offline
Why Hussie? Why?
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Maeve

Points: 13,420, Level: 16 Points: 13,420, Level: 16 Points: 13,420, Level: 16

Re: Problems of an mtf trans. - September 11th 2011, 12:44 AM

Well, I can't really help you with the shopping for clothes, except that buying clothes from secondhand stores is cheaper, more private, and sometimes gives you more selection.

In addition, if buying wax strips, or Nair is a difficulty, you could borrow your mother's razor (for her legs) to do your own... or you (presumably) shave your face, why not use that for your legs?
Closed Thread