TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

LGBTQ+, Sexuality and Gender Identity This forum is for you to explore your sexuality and identity, whatever that may be.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Caroline

Points: 9,924, Level: 14 Points: 9,924, Level: 14 Points: 9,924, Level: 14

Half Trans? - October 11th 2011, 06:49 PM

Ok so I'm a girl biologically and half of the time I feel more or less like a boy buy I still like girl clothes sometimes too. I was thinking of starting to bind my chest. I don't know. I'm still really confused about my gender identity and I might try just dressing androgynously for awhile. Im really not sure whether I feel like a boy but I know I want to dress like one a lot of the time. I am bisexual I guess but I favor girls. Meh Im confused. I just want some tips on binding and stuff.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Pensive14 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,770, Level: 12 Points: 7,770, Level: 12 Points: 7,770, Level: 12

Re: Half Trans? - October 16th 2011, 04:37 AM

well, I can't give you tips on binding (not a girl), but I can recommend you don't do it. Since you're just experimenting with it, I think ambiguous clothing is enough. I mean, the male equivalent would be walking around with fake breasts (not implants). It's just a little much.
Honestly, I've been there and I'm still struggling with my identity.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Pandaloo Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 11,778, Level: 15 Points: 11,778, Level: 15 Points: 11,778, Level: 15

Re: Half Trans? - October 17th 2011, 09:57 PM

It's okay, sometimes gender is not as simple as black and white! There are grey areas, there are people out there like you who feel male sometimes and feel female sometimes. It'll just take time, I promise you. You'll know who you are soon, right now, wear what makes you feel comfortable and happy.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
cardio Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Shannan

Points: 8,068, Level: 13 Points: 8,068, Level: 13 Points: 8,068, Level: 13

Re: Half Trans? - October 17th 2011, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandaloo View Post
It's okay, sometimes gender is not as simple as black and white! There are grey areas, there are people out there like you who feel male sometimes and feel female sometimes. It'll just take time, I promise you. You'll know who you are soon, right now, wear what makes you feel comfortable and happy.
I completely agree with that! There's definitely not just male and female, there's a whole lot in between and a whole lot completely outside of that too.

Also, gender identity doesn't have to be the same as the gender you express all the time. Personally, I'm biologically female and identify 100% as female, but sometimes I feel like dressing in a very "masculine" way and would be flattered, instead of insulted, if someone thought I was male some days.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Sythan Offline
Our life is what we make it
I've been here a while

Name: Nick (Or Nico)

Points: 14,618, Level: 17 Points: 14,618, Level: 17 Points: 14,618, Level: 17

Re: Half Trans? - October 18th 2011, 06:55 AM

The whole "There is only male or female" thing is false. It's called the Gender Binary System, and it's a made up system which believes there are only two genders, male and female. You could be Gender Queer, Gender Non-Conforming, Gender Neutral, Androgynous, or a mix of any of them, there is no such thing as a wrong or right definition, it's what you feel.

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.

GAY PRIDE!!!!!!
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
sasuketwin Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: matt

Points: 7,632, Level: 12 Points: 7,632, Level: 12 Points: 7,632, Level: 12

Re: Half Trans? - October 19th 2011, 03:33 AM

well in my experience with freinds,binding ur chest could hurt if done wrong,and for the confusion i admit that i understand ur pov but you should sit and think usually helps u get calm and rationalize
Closed Thread