TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Az0 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,163, Level: 12 Points: 7,163, Level: 12 Points: 7,163, Level: 12

Question Girlfriend or boyfriend? - August 10th 2012, 08:51 AM

I have a bit of a problem there is this guy in my class that i really like and im pretty sure he likes me to i have been to shy to tell him anything, but when i was over at his house last time we kissed before our relationship could go anywhere a girl at my school that i used to like told me that she had a crush on me and i kind of like her back but i also like my friend im so confused
What do i do???
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Az0 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Girlfriend or boyfriend? - August 10th 2012, 08:53 AM

I think i posted this in the wrong place :/
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Girlfriend or boyfriend? - August 10th 2012, 10:01 AM

^ To the user above: even though it's been posted in the wrong place, we can still give advice. The mods can still move the thread.

To the OP: Do what's in your heart. Do you have a crush on the girl in question? Does the guy in question like you back? It's all about what you want, and how others are going to view you as well. You have to take all things into consideration. Are you bisexual? Are you open to having a relationship with a girl?

Nobody here can really tell you what to do, since this is entirely up to you.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough

Points: 25,671, Level: 23 Points: 25,671, Level: 23 Points: 25,671, Level: 23

Re: Girlfriend or boyfriend? - August 10th 2012, 11:18 AM

Both.
You could have a boyfriend Monday til halfway through Wednesday and then have a girlfriend the other half of the week.
Advantages of this method also include increasing your organisational skills (so that you can get them out of your house before the other one gets there, can require very precise timings and such) and it'll help you keep secrets.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Az0 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Girlfriend or boyfriend? - August 10th 2012, 11:40 AM

Would that be right to have a boyfriend and girlfriend at the same time?
and that kiss felt so right i really want to be with him, but as i spend more time with her i feel like i might be better off with her. I honestly think that i love him more but i dont want to be seen as a homosexual or a bisexual im just so confused
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Az0 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Girlfriend or boyfriend? - August 10th 2012, 11:43 AM

I am pretty sure that he likes me back but im a bit too shy to ask him we have been through a lot and i kind of feel like he does. Also about 1 year ago i used to have a really big crush on this girl and her saying that would have been a dream come true i admit that i still have feelings for her, but there not as strong as the feelings i have for him
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: tiffany

Points: 7,298, Level: 12 Points: 7,298, Level: 12 Points: 7,298, Level: 12

Re: Girlfriend or boyfriend? - August 10th 2012, 12:21 PM

Do whats going to make you happy and don't worry about if people see you as bi there is nothing wrong with it.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Az0 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Girlfriend or boyfriend? - August 10th 2012, 12:29 PM

but i dont want to be bullied if i had a relationship with him i would keep it a secret
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
TheCrowing Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Courtney

Points: 11,157, Level: 15 Points: 11,157, Level: 15 Points: 11,157, Level: 15

Re: Girlfriend or boyfriend? - August 10th 2012, 01:07 PM

but would he be okay with you keeping the relationship a secret? You have to talk to both people and get an understanding of not only what you want, but what they want and what they're expecting of you if you get into a relationship with them. The guy might really want to be with you, but what if he's not okay with the secrecy?

"Although only breath, words which I command are immortal." Sappho

"Sometimes I feel nothing at all. Sometimes I feel everything is my fault.
Sometimes I feel the hate break my mind. Sometimes I feel they deserve it this time.
May the bridges I burn light my way." - I, Alone - Otep

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Az0 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Girlfriend or boyfriend? - August 10th 2012, 01:14 PM

i don't know if he would i am guessing he would because he has never told anyone he was gay actually i dont even know if he is i just started believing that after i kissed him for the first time. and i would kind of rather be with her mainly because i wouldnt have to keep that relationship a secret and wont have to worry about being called homosexual or bisexual, but i love him more its a bit confusing does it make sense?
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Mitch Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mitchell

Points: 11,159, Level: 15 Points: 11,159, Level: 15 Points: 11,159, Level: 15

Re: Girlfriend or boyfriend? - August 10th 2012, 02:44 PM

If you love him more than her then it makes sense to date him, I wouldn't be worried about what others think of you because you know you won't be alone to deal with it even if you were both out to everyone, which you don't need to be. There is nothing wrong with keeping your relationship hidden, after all no one needs to know so what does it matter? Of course, that all depends on whether he wants to keep it secret or not, and he is not out as gay or bi as it is so I am doubtful, besides, you have to agree to be out if he wanted to be. I think, you know you like the girl, and you aren't so sure about him, so I think this is a perfect opportunity to experiment with sexuality to discover yourself better. At least if you date him, it provides a foundation for which to build future relationships on, you will gain some experience.
Really, go out with the one you feel most comfortable, and love the most, I personally wouldn't recommend dating both at the same time, that has too many potential consequences.
You shouldn't worry about bullying, straight people/couples are bullied as well, and there is no need to show off a relationship to others, because it is personal and none of their business.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Louisa

Points: 7,967, Level: 13 Points: 7,967, Level: 13 Points: 7,967, Level: 13

Re: Girlfriend or boyfriend? - August 10th 2012, 11:36 PM

Im bi, i lost my best friend after coming out, i knew she was a homophobe but i didnt realise how badly. I was a mess, however i got new friends who didnt care, and support me, they were friends before but now we're colser. It showed me who is impotrant. Personally im not bullied for it, however itss partly because i ont care what they think. Its none of there buisness, tell people if you get with this dude, or dont. its up to you two. If anyone says anything, well you shoulnt feel bad or be upset, i pity them for being small minded and unable to see that its perfectly natural. Dont be ashamed, but o everything on your terms. It sounds like you and this dude are into eachother right? It wont hhurt to give it a go, and you said it yourself, you like him more. Its your life, ont let other people decide how you live.

hope this helps? PM me if you need anyone to talk to or any more advice

Hold your head high. You are strong, powerful and beautiful! Belive in yourself because even when no one else does...

I DO!

Don't let anyone drag you down. They don't deserve somone as great as you.

Closed Thread