TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Chad

Points: 7,197, Level: 12 Points: 7,197, Level: 12 Points: 7,197, Level: 12

Dating advice - November 22nd 2012, 07:18 PM

Okay so I am with this really awesome girl and I send her really long cute texts alot, Usually once when I wake up, One during the day, And one before I go to sleep. Usually the reply I get is "Awww" "Oh" "Nice" or something along those lines, IDK what to do!! does that mean she doesent really like me?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount56

Edit avatar

Re: Dating advice - November 22nd 2012, 07:22 PM

Hi

It doesnt mean that at all!

Just some people are not big into texting and she may just be one of those people. Some people prefer speaking on the phone, others prefer speaking in person. The trouble with text messages is they can be difficult to decipher and sometimes can be read in a completely different way in which they are intended

Chat to her about it and see which method of communications works best for her and see if yous can come to some sort of arrangement.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Cody Lawrence Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Cody

Points: 10,220, Level: 14 Points: 10,220, Level: 14 Points: 10,220, Level: 14

Re: Dating advice - November 23rd 2012, 12:45 AM

Hello again Chad!

No, like Mia said above, it doesn't mean that at all. She may not be the mushy kind of girl. When I first met my girlfriend, I did this to her all the time. She started saying the same things to me. I have learned to lay off the mushy stuff and only say the mushy things when she least expects it. For example, instead of just texting it to her, maybe say it if you go on a date. If you guys go out for dinner, during dinner tell her how you like her earrings, or ask her what perfume she is wearing because it smells real nice. She'll learn to eventually take them as real compliments from your heart, and not some big ball of mush Hope this helped!

"You don't need a reason to help people"

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Nimrodel Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,712, Level: 12 Points: 6,712, Level: 12 Points: 6,712, Level: 12

Re: Dating advice - November 23rd 2012, 08:14 AM

Hey!
No, just because she's not texting you back does NOT mean she doesn't like you.
Some people are not really into texting (including me). They think it's better to call or talk face to face.
However, there IS a chance she's not as into you as you are into her. Like I said above, I'm not really into texting But if someone I like (friend or otherwise) texts me, I usually text back as soon as possible- with a good response. I hate to say this, but she might be finding it annoying that you're texting her often and regularly. Or she might be playing hard to get.
I suggest that you ask her directly, in a playful way

Hope this helped!
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Chad

Points: 7,197, Level: 12 Points: 7,197, Level: 12 Points: 7,197, Level: 12

Re: Dating advice - November 23rd 2012, 11:29 AM

She used to talk to me via Facebook like I text her now, Like it used to be reversed rolls.
Closed Thread