TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
mystiegirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,811, Level: 11 Points: 5,811, Level: 11 Points: 5,811, Level: 11

jealous boyfriend - February 28th 2014, 09:52 PM

soo basically ive been going out with this guy for almost three months...i really thought i fell for him so i lost my virginity to him. I have told him that i am raised around all boys so don't be insecure because i have a lot of guy FRIENDS only. mainly because i relate to guys more and i dont like drama and a lot of females are about nothing but drama. So i have been making this new friend and this new friend told me he liked me and would treat me better than my boyfriend..but i put him in his place saying dont do that one i only see you as a friend and two you know i am in a relationship so please dont do anything to disrespect it. i also told my boyfriend becuse i felt that was the best thing to do but ever since then he had been mad or irritated at me or starts an argument every time i talk to my new friend or say anything about him. And i have explained to my boyfriend multiple times that im not attracted to my friend nor even see him in that sort of light..
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
SpecterH Offline
Average Joe

Name: Harvey S.

Points: 6,460, Level: 11 Points: 6,460, Level: 11 Points: 6,460, Level: 11

Re: jealous boyfriend - March 1st 2014, 06:26 PM

I know this is a tough situation for you to deal with, especially because I think you handled the situation in the proper way. In my opinion, I think you did the right thing by telling your boyfriend about what happened. I know that must have not been an easy thing for you to do, but I think it was the right way to handle the situation.

Did this new male friend understand that you have a boyfriend, and that what he did was inappropriate? I don't necessarily blame him for explaining his feelings for you, but if he pushes the issue any more, after you told him that you didn't appreciate it, then I don't think he's a very good friend to have and be in contact with. If, however, he apologized and hasn't acted in that way since, I don't think that there is anything to worry about. If he truly respects you and wants to be your friend, he'll understand and be supportive of your relationship.

I can understand where your boyfriend is coming from, as he is probably feeling a bit insecure about the whole situation. Talk to him about it in a calm and re-assuring manner. Sometimes, people need a bit of extra re-assurance. Recommendations? Sit down and talk to your boyfriend. Explain that you only want him, and every other guy is just a friend to you. In addition, go out of your way to do nice and re-assuring things for him. If, during a busy day, you two don't talk much, send him a surprise e-mail or Facebook message telling him that you're thinking about him or something. There are countless things that you can do to help him feel re-assured about your relationship.

Another thing I could suggest is having your boyfriend and other male friend meet and hang out. Maybe you can organize a group thing, and invite both your boyfriend and your friend. If they get to know each other, your boyfriend may feel a lot more comfortable about the situation.

All in all, you need to do what you feel is best for you. There is nothing wrong with having a lot of male friends, but you need to realize what effect that can have on a boyfriend. As a result, make the extra effort to go out of your way to make your boyfriend feel more re-assured about the relationship. If your boyfriend still doesn't trust you and/or gets jealous after all of your effort, then I'm not sure you're in a healthy relation and I'd suggest leaving. Trust is one of the most important facets in a relationship and, if it's not present, the relationship will not work out.

Good luck.

Harvey Specter
Don't play the odds, play the man.
Closed Thread