TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
xcloudymindx Offline
Ride,Life,Style.
Not a n00b

Name: My Name is Chloe

Points: 6,037, Level: 11 Points: 6,037, Level: 11 Points: 6,037, Level: 11

Sleeping with new Boyfriend... First time? - November 12th 2015, 08:11 PM

So I recently got into a relationship with a guy from my college, but for now were keeping things on a low. We live pretty far from each other, and mostly see one another during college hours - so we decided on a 'sleepover'.

I'm absolutely fine with the sleepover, but my anxiety is hitting the ground!

Mostly because I'm afraid he'll think different after seeing the house I live in - its not the nicest or fanciest. & I'm not rich or my mother. I'm not fortunate to have game consoles like wii's,playstation's,xbox,Ipads,etc. But I know he is. We have crappy Freeview, he has better broadband etc.

My room consists of a old tiny I mean tiny tv, a cheap dvd player, bed, and obviously wardrobe and drawers. - pretty much it. I've always appreciated it this way, I have a laptop, a phone - its all I'm really into - I've never been the type to ask for expensive things - but anyhow... my room is so tiny and awkward and I have the stupid boiler in my room which is even more embarrassing!

I'm just scared he'll be like think different of me? So far he's been really good, I had to mention my self harm because I didn't want him to be freaked out and I wanted him to decide before getting with me - so I wouldn't get close - scare him away (if he reacted badly) - and end up hurt.

My ex also recently exposed a 'indecent' image of me (rude) to him and some others, I was absolutely devastated & upset, but he said he wouldn't think different of me... and he hasn't? Also my ex shared some serious police information to him about my dad, and again he hasn't backed away...

But its just i'm so scared he's gonna change his mind, it hurts that i'm panicking over all of this and basically thinking hes gonna leave anytime soon... Do I tell him I'm worried about what he'll think of my home? And I'm so frightened that he'll be bored or something...

Urgh I'm so overwhelmed, and drowning in so many pointless thoughts. He's not the first guy I've slept with and It's the thought of opening up about a few things he may wonder; I'm okay with that but still fearing the worse....

Any reassurance at all? Advice? Calming tips? Anything at all? Thankyouuuuu xxxxxxxx
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Points: 31,637, Level: 25 Points: 31,637, Level: 25 Points: 31,637, Level: 25

Re: Sleeping with new Boyfriend... First time? - November 12th 2015, 09:03 PM

I would mention it to him, because I think he'll reassure you! I don't think he'll see you any differently, but if this is something you're sitting worrying about it might help to talk to him. Often reassurance from the source can be really helpful, and communicating your worries is really important in relationships!

Take as long as you need.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: Sleeping with new Boyfriend... First time? - November 14th 2015, 01:15 AM

It sounds like this guy really cares about you and accepts you for you, which is great. If you're concerned I would open up to him about your fears. Honesty and open communication make for good relationships, and I am sure you will find reassurance from him. Try not to stress too much, and trust in him.
Closed Thread