TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Ooziekay Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jozie Kay

Points: 4,177, Level: 9 Points: 4,177, Level: 9 Points: 4,177, Level: 9

Spending the Night With My Boyfriend - June 9th 2016, 05:02 AM

So, my boyfriend and I are going to a convention this weekend and have booked a hotel room for one night. I am 18, and he is 20, so legally, we can book the room. This is my first boyfriend and the first time we would be staying together, but we both have boundaries and know that there are two beds for a reason, in case either of us are uncomfortable with the situation. I doubt there will be any issues, but there is always a chance. And even though I'm 18, and legally an adult, I can't help but feel a bit unsure about all of this because it's the first time. My parents know that my boyfriend will be at the convention, but not that we're staying together. I'm not ashamed to tell them, because nothing will happen between us, but it's still a bit nerve wracking to think about. I know my mother won't mind as much as my father. I think it's my decision either way, because I am an adult, but I was wondering if there were any other opinions on this..?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

I can't get enough

Name: Sam
Pronouns: she/her

Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29

Re: Spending the Night With My Boyfriend - June 11th 2016, 01:51 AM

Hey there,

I personally don't see anything wrong with the two of you staying in the same room at the convention. It sounds like the two of you have already made an effort to establish boundaries and take additional measures in case one of you ends up feeling uncomfortable. That's fantastic and shows a lot of thought and maturity on both parts! As someone who doesn't tell my parents about minor things, I don't see a reason for you to tell your parents if you think it will cause more negativity than anything else. However, if telling them is something that you feel is necessary, make sure you're honest with them about the fact that you aren't planning on sleeping together and that the two of you have already set boundaries about what can and cannot happen.

Take care,
Sammi

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie
Closed Thread