TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
mattb2000 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,109, Level: 9 Points: 4,109, Level: 9 Points: 4,109, Level: 9

dating and other stuff - July 27th 2016, 04:06 PM

Im 16 and ive never had a girlfriend. All of my friends either have one or have had one and they have all had blowjobs and handjobs except me. Im embarresed to tell anyone in case they slag me. Can someone tell me why i cant even get a girlfriend?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Points: 24,570, Level: 22 Points: 24,570, Level: 22 Points: 24,570, Level: 22

Re: dating and other stuff - July 27th 2016, 04:13 PM

First, don't worry about doing those things just to be like your friends. It'll happen when it happens. You don't have to talk to them about it if you don't want to. There's nothing wrong with not having a girlfriend in high school (or if you live somewhere with an equivalent) or college or ever, really. While you may really want to be in a relationship, you have plenty of time.

Second, the mindset of "I can't get a girlfriend" is honestly probably part of it. A girlfriend isn't something you "get" but rather someone you share interests with and have feelings for who also has feelings for you. You can't force it, or it probably won't end well.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
Article Editor

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 63,002, Level: 36 Points: 63,002, Level: 36 Points: 63,002, Level: 36

Re: dating and other stuff - July 27th 2016, 05:07 PM

Finding your first girlfriend is always hard. You're still young and have lots of time to find the right girl. Don't rush into something just to have a girlfriend. Make sure it's someone who you truly like and that you'd be happy with them. Once you have one, don't rush into anything sexual. Make sure both you and the girl are ready. You don't want to rush into something just to fit in with the guys, then later regret it because you weren't ready, or it wasn't with someone special. Like I mentioned, you're still young.

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

Article Editor
Social Media Guru|Live Help Mentor|HelpLINK Mentor
Chat Moderator|Forum Moderator(Young at Heart)
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: dating and other stuff - July 28th 2016, 12:57 AM

Hey there,

It can be difficult when everyone around you is entering into relationships and you are struggling to find someone. I know I dealt with these feelings for quite some time. I think what you need to remember is that part of finding a relationship is building a friendship and sharing common interests with someone. If you are interested in getting into a relationship I would suggest that you start out talking to girls that you are interested in and building a relationship. Getting into a good relationship takes time and you have to work on putting yourself out there. It can be hard to initiate conversation with girls but it will be good practice and eventually you might build a strong enough relationship with someone to enter into a romantic relationship.

I think it's also important to note that you need to respect any girl you enter into a relationship. They are going to have boundaries regarding sex and in order to have a healthy relationship you need to respect those boundaries.

Best of luck.
Closed Thread