TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LittmissBS Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 3,676, Level: 9 Points: 3,676, Level: 9 Points: 3,676, Level: 9

I like a guy at my work - February 2nd 2017, 07:51 PM

There is a guy at my work who I like. He's a lifeguard and I'm a swimming teacher. Now I have barely said anything to that's not work related. Although he is shy in himself. I want to talk to him and get to know but I don't know how, I have tried looking him up on social media but he doesn't have any accounts.

Please help
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount16

Edit avatar

Re: I like a guy at my work - February 3rd 2017, 07:58 PM

Hi there!

The idea may be scary, but perhaps while both of you are at work, you could say hello and make small talk. Ask how he's doing, and assuming the conversation goes smoothly you could ask what he does in his spare time to unwind after work. If it feels right, you may want to ask him out on a date so he knows right away you're interested in him as more than just a friend.

Another option is to ask him for his number and text him. After talking to him for awhile then you could work up the courage to ask him out on a date once you know him better. Both of those options likely seem scary, but they're steps towards a date and letting him know you're interested.

I hope everything goes well when you decide to talk to him! Take care and best of luck!
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount63

Edit avatar

Re: I like a guy at my work - February 4th 2017, 06:10 AM

Hey,
Welcome to TH.

The idea of liking someone and how to get to know them can be really scary. I would suggest that you just strike up a natural conversation with him. Ask him about his day and then go from there. Don't think about it do what feels natural to you.

I would also say to force things. If you feel like he isn't interesting in talking i wouldn't push him to talk. Maybe just start out buy saying hi to him everyday and asking him how his day is going. Start out slow. Strike up a friendship first and then see where it goes.

I hoped this helped a little bit,

Your Friend,
Frankie<3
Closed Thread