TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
OhMyLorde Offline
peace love unity respect
Not a n00b

Name: k

Points: 7,432, Level: 12 Points: 7,432, Level: 12 Points: 7,432, Level: 12

Helping my Boyfriend - March 26th 2018, 02:08 AM

Hi.

My bf just told me his sister got raped. He's really struggling, as anybody would. Hell, i've never met her and I cried when he told me. Rape is so awful, nobody deserves that, especially not such an amazing girl as she is.

I told him I love him and i'm here for him, but I know he's struggling. I don't know how to help him besides this, and maybe it's all I can do but I want to do everything I can to make him happy. I really do love him, when he is hurt i'm hurt.

Please please please let me know if there is anything I can do. I can't refer him to anyone and he does not see anyone, he has wanted to in the past but that financially will not work right now.

Thanks.

we will forever be faded under gold skies
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34 Points: 57,622, Level: 34

Re: Helping my Boyfriend - March 26th 2018, 05:19 PM

Hey there,

Sorry to hear about your boyfriends sister. That's awful news and it's understandable that your boyfriend would be struggling and that you would want to support him. Rape can definitely affect family and friends too, even if they didn't go through it directly.

Even though you want to help him, remember that sometimes just listening can be enough. If you don't know how else to support him, then you might want to try asking if there is anything you can do to help. You can also suggest that he checks out RAINN www.rainn.org for further help and support, for him or his sister.

While supporting your boyfriend, be sure to look after yourself too

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: Helping my Boyfriend - March 29th 2018, 01:52 PM

It is really awesome that you want to support your boyfriend during an unfortunate time like this. As said above, sometimes listening can do a world of good even if it seems like a small thing to do.

Another thing that may help is spending time with your boyfriend without necessarily talking about what happened. Your presence and some quality time might help him feel a little bit better.

When in doubt, you can also be up front and ask your boyfriend if there is anything in particular you can do to support him or his sister.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
Closed Thread