TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Question what does he really want - March 5th 2023, 04:53 PM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""][FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]hello!

i've been texting a cute guy i live close to every day for a week now. in the beginning, he has always replied fast to my messages and he even has texted me first. he's quite open to me about his life, passions, future and pets and we've shown pictures of things we like/sunsets. at first i was quite sure he was interested in me as well but now i'm starting to think that he has lost interest in me since now he responds 3-5 hours later (even on weekends) and the conversation isn't flowing like it usually is. he's in college so that may be the reason for the delay but, am i being delusional by thinking that? should i just give up or keep on pursuing him?[/size][/color][/font][/size][/color][/font]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,604, Level: 59 Points: 172,604, Level: 59 Points: 172,604, Level: 59

Re: what does he really want - March 5th 2023, 05:27 PM

Hey!

You're right that he could be busy with things like college. I'm not sure about where he goes, but where my friend is going to college she just took a midterm, so it could be midterm season. That requires a ton of studying. Again, it could be different where he goes to school so it might not be midterm season for him.

Do you think you could ask him if the two of you are okay, even if you ask as a friend and not as a potential partner? You can ask him if he's okay or has anything going on because you noticed that the conversation has slowed down some. Don't place blame on him or make it sound like it is his fault for this happening, because he may get defensive. Instead you can say things like, "I feel as if our conversations have slowed down lately. Is there anything going on?"

I think it's worth trying for a little bit longer just to see if maybe it is him being busy. Of course, don't wait around forever, but the worst case scenario is that it doesn't work out. At that point you can either remain friends/acquaintances or just go your separate ways, whichever you are most comfortable with.

He also may not be picking up the signals that show that you are trying to pursue him romantically. Sometimes it's hard for people to pick up those signals. Remember that he doesn't have to be the one to make the first move!

Best of luck!

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
Closed Thread