TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Mryes Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1

Question I need to know - May 21st 2023, 10:26 PM

so how do I talk to her? To get to the point, I have had a crush (for the past year or so) on a girl who is 14 like me (we're both in the seventh grade btw) but is smaller for her age and I'm bigger for my age. she's tiny and skinny and I'm a MKll armored tank. she likes sports such as softball and volleyball (that's the two she play plays). I do robotics. but other than that we have ALOT in common from favorite foods and colors to posture and music. We've known each other since kindergarten but have never spoken. we even ride the same bus. She's quiet in public/class but is kinda the opposite with friends. I don't know if she wants to talk to me or is just scared of me due to my size. I don't know how or when to talk to her ( we have 1st through 6th period together ) without upsetting her or offending her. I also want her to want to talk to me again. so how do I do that? also, we go to a very small school where the middle school is one hallway. the elementary is connected to the middle school and high school. their about 1100 total students.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,466, Level: 59 Points: 172,466, Level: 59 Points: 172,466, Level: 59

Re: I need to know - May 22nd 2023, 01:22 AM

Hey,

I think that the best time to talk to her is before a class starts or after it ends when you're both walking to your next class. That way you're not talking to her IN class and distracting from each other's learning, but you'll still have time to talk to her. I say go ahead and approach her. There doesn't have to be a specific day, but if she seems like she is in a good mood that may help you out.

As long as you're polite, I don't think you'll upset or offend her. You can remind her of your name if you don't think she knows it (but since you've known her since kindergarten I hope that she would!). You can start off with something basic like asking her how a certain class is going or asking her how softball and volleyball are going. Or, you can talk to her about something you both have in common. For example, if there's a band you know that you both like, you can bring that up in a conversation. After you talk to her about the basics for a period of time you can start getting more in depth and try to get to know her more.

The best case scenario is that she enjoys these conversations and continues them with you. If she tells you that she doesn't want to continue to have these conversations, respect that, but I don't see any reason why you shouldn't try to talk with her and see where things go.

I wish you the best of luck!

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

I can't get enough

Name: Sam
Pronouns: she/her

Points: 40,747, Level: 29 Points: 40,747, Level: 29 Points: 40,747, Level: 29

Re: I need to know - May 23rd 2023, 08:13 AM

Hey there,

I think the best times to talk to her would either be in between classes or on the bus! Both provide opportunities that are typically social and won't be a distraction to learning for either one of you. Since you mentioned that the two of you have never really spoken, I would recommend keeping the conversation simple and casual. For instance, you can bring up something that was talked about in class or you can ask about the hobbies that you know she has. Since it seems like you're already aware of some common interests that the two of you have, perhaps you can also work those into the conversation. Whatever topic you choose, be sure to really listen and show a genuine interest in what she has to say. People typically really appreciate it when they can tell that the other person cares about what they have to say in a conversation.

The most important thing I can tell you is to be yourself! Everyone enjoys having conversations with people that they can tell are genuine, so you won't go wrong as long as you stay true to who you are. I'm sure she'll enjoy having conversations with you. And, as Dez said, if there is any reason that she does not have an interest in continuing conversations, be sure to respect that! I highly doubt that will happen though.

Good luck!

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie