TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ontheBUS Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 10,036, Level: 14 Points: 10,036, Level: 14 Points: 10,036, Level: 14

Pretty sure my friend is the reason we're not dating, should I ask? - January 31st 2011, 09:59 PM

Recently my friend/roommate and I have been partying with our good friends in a frat. Things were really fun until recently; my friend gets TOO drunk and becomes very obnoxious. People have begun talking about us, and now a picture of this friend's butt (taken when she was drunk) is circulating among the frat guys.
Unrelated, a few months ago this guy asked me out and said I could bring a friend. I brought THIS friend. We didn't drink, but she got very excited and talked too much and was very obnoxious. Things dragged on for a long time until the guy finally let me down. It seems strange, because he was so into me before. Now that I'm hearing things about my friend, I'm wondering if she has anything to do with him not wanting to see me anymore (she was with me every time, we never got to do one on one!!)
*EDIT: the guy I went out with is not in or affiliated with the frat, but my friend did make an obnoxious scene around him.

My other friends believe she is the reason, and now I'm wondering if I should just ask this guy. I don't want to harass him after he let me down so nicely, but I do believe this is the reason and it's been eating me up inside. Should I, and if so, how do I ask him?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DanielR Offline
Survived the Apocalypse of '57
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Daniel

Points: 11,237, Level: 15 Points: 11,237, Level: 15 Points: 11,237, Level: 15

Re: Pretty sure my friend is the reason we're not dating, should I ask? - January 31st 2011, 10:02 PM

Why not? What is there to lose?

I don't like to whizz in people's pockets, so I will always give you truth. I'm opinionated, so take what I say with a cup of salt.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
ontheBUS Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 10,036, Level: 14 Points: 10,036, Level: 14 Points: 10,036, Level: 14

Re: Pretty sure my friend is the reason we're not dating, should I ask? - January 31st 2011, 10:06 PM

I just don't want to put pressure on this guy or make him feel badly...or linger. He was a gentleman when he let me down and I really respect him...on the other hand it's been really upsetting me.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
PlayingPretend Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Elliotte

Points: 20,004, Level: 20 Points: 20,004, Level: 20 Points: 20,004, Level: 20

Re: Pretty sure my friend is the reason we're not dating, should I ask? - January 31st 2011, 10:09 PM

I honestly don't see where it'd be unreasonable to ask. Tell him you respect his decision and you don't want to come across as insulting, but that you were simply curious as to whether or not your friend was the reason; maybe even mention that you'd like to apologise on her behalf for her behaviour. That's what I'd likely do, in any case. I honestly don't see anything wrong with asking, or how it would be pressuring him any.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DanielR Offline
Survived the Apocalypse of '57
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Daniel

Points: 11,237, Level: 15 Points: 11,237, Level: 15 Points: 11,237, Level: 15

Re: Pretty sure my friend is the reason we're not dating, should I ask? - February 1st 2011, 04:05 AM

I agree with PP, there's nothing unreasonable about wanting to know why it went wrong.

I don't like to whizz in people's pockets, so I will always give you truth. I'm opinionated, so take what I say with a cup of salt.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
MonsterTRUCK Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alex

Points: 8,161, Level: 13 Points: 8,161, Level: 13 Points: 8,161, Level: 13

Re: Pretty sure my friend is the reason we're not dating, should I ask? - February 1st 2011, 06:15 AM

Regardless, tell your friend she is acting like a dink and let her know how you feel about it.
Closed Thread