TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Courtney

Points: 11,532, Level: 15 Points: 11,532, Level: 15 Points: 11,532, Level: 15

How do I deal with the fact my two best friends are now dating? - May 18th 2011, 07:24 AM

It's not that I am not happy for them, I am, and I really think they're a good couple, but it still really hurts. It hurts because I liked him too. They've only been dating 4 days and already they are starting to annoy me. Just the little comments. Like we will be hanging out and he will make a comment about being her boyfriend. Or will say he is going to sit closer to her... Or how they're sitting when were hanging out passing his phone back and fourth and typing on it. Or how they are always wispering stuff to each other and than laughing. Or how he tells me stuff like "I was so frustrated latly because I liked her and I need to do something about it". It really freakin hurts.

I think a lot of it too is that I want that. I want a boyfriend... So it's really ard watching them, it just intensifies that feeling.

I am just having a really hard time dealing with this. Any advice? Thank you!!
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: How do I deal with the fact my two best friends are now dating? - May 18th 2011, 10:55 AM

Hey Courtney,

I'm so sorry that this happened. It's really got to hurt to see your best friends dating, and now you feel like a third wheel.

But, all you have to do now is be supportive of their relationship. It's obvious that he liked her more than you, or he didn't know your feelings or he just didn't share those feelings back. I know that's tough to hear, but it could possibly be the truth. Did you tell him that you liked him? If not, this could be exactly why he decided to make a move on your friend instead of you.

Sit them both down and tell them that you don't want your friendship to change just because the two of them are dating now. Tell them to include you in on their conversations, and not to be so secretive when talking (i.e. passing the phone back and forth to each other). It's actually quite rude of them to do that. They're essentially in the new 'relationship' phase, so if they don't do it right away, there isn't much you can do but put on a brave face and sit it through and wait for that phase to end.

It's completely normal to feel as if you want what they have. You see other people having relationships, and you think 'why not me?'. But, don't worry. You're young, and boys will come and go. Don't get upset if one doesn't come along right away, because he will.

Good luck <3

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread