TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
crimsontears Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,985, Level: 13 Points: 7,985, Level: 13 Points: 7,985, Level: 13

Question Online dating 2 - July 30th 2011, 02:33 AM

Ok noone understands why im online dating this guy they don't understand that he means everything to me, they don't understand that he's the only guy i TRULY loved. I mean i love everything about him his eyes, his smile, his personality, i mean he truly understands me. I'm always thinking about him, i can never get my mind off of him, at times it feels like he's actually feels like he's beside me. And he's the only one who can make me laugh or smile when im depressed and crying. I need a way to show my family how much he means to me. How can i show them that he's my everything.

<3Joe's lil wolf<3
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
ertyuio Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Points: 13,132, Level: 16 Points: 13,132, Level: 16 Points: 13,132, Level: 16

Re: Online dating 2 - July 30th 2011, 02:46 AM

You can show them by demonstrating that your love for him is real, tangible, and that there's no doubt about whether he is truly the man you love, or if he's someone trying to make a false persona in order for you to fall for him.

Meet him. TRULY meet him. Have an actual face-to-face relationship. If you can demonstrate that your relationship is "real" and not just based on a functioning internet connection, then I don't see why your parents would object to anything. Until then, your parents have reason to doubt your relationship's integrity.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
crimsontears Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Online dating 2 - July 30th 2011, 02:53 AM

i cant meet him face to face until they let me go down there in order to show them, they don't trust my personal judgement at all. and if someone is a bad person i get vibes bad vibes and with him i got none. i felt comfortable around him. like i could trust him.

<3Joe's lil wolf<3
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 37,460, Level: 27 Points: 37,460, Level: 27 Points: 37,460, Level: 27

Re: Online dating 2 - July 30th 2011, 02:55 AM

Maybe have them talk to him on the phone or something of that sort?
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
crimsontears Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Online dating 2 - July 30th 2011, 03:01 AM

they act like they don't have time to talk to him...idk wat i should doT.T

<3Joe's lil wolf<3
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
ertyuio Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Online dating 2 - July 30th 2011, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsontears View Post
i cant meet him face to face until they let me go down there in order to show them, they don't trust my personal judgement at all. and if someone is a bad person i get vibes bad vibes and with him i got none. i felt comfortable around him. like i could trust him.
Well, to be completely honest, telling them that you wanted to move in with him before meeting in person is alarming enough for them to be skeptical about your judgment.

You don't feel "bad vibes" around him because you've never been around him. There's no way to gauge how you'll feel around him before you are actually around him. And your parents won't be receptive to your plight if you keep behaving so passionate about him. It is frustrating, I've been exactly in your position. But demonstrating such violent passion for someone you've never met will put your parents off of letting you meet him. You need to tone it down when you're talking to them about it.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
crimsontears Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Online dating 2 - July 30th 2011, 03:12 AM

but shouldnt the fact that im always talking about him tell them that he means more to me than just a crush? shouldn't that tell them that i think he's the one?

<3Joe's lil wolf<3
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 20,934, Level: 20 Points: 20,934, Level: 20 Points: 20,934, Level: 20

Re: Online dating 2 - July 30th 2011, 03:22 AM

Let me tell you something that happened to me this week... I met someone online last week, seemingly perfect, good looking, genuinely interested in me etc I was so excited. Me and her texted and talked pretty much nonstop. We were supposed to meet yesterday to supposedly begin a future together, but then 15 minutes before our meeting time she told me that the pics were fake, everything she told me about yourself was a lie, and that she wasn't eighteen, she was fifteen. All this after all that nonstop texting and talking it really hurt that someone would develop such a sophisticated scheme like that and do that to me. Before that I felt exactly the same way you do right now.

So before you put your heart into this, absolutely make sure that he is real. If possible I think it would be a good idea to do a webcam conversation.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
crimsontears Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Online dating 2 - July 30th 2011, 03:29 AM

ya but ive talked to his mom(dont like her louzy mother)he's never broken it off once it was always me even then he's said hes loves me he said he's tried commiting suicide the times he didnt have me he's worried about me when i dont tell him i wont be on its like he truly cares about me and he says he loves me everyday and he says he loves me with all his heart and soul like every other day if not every week. hes helped me through times where i thought noone could help me.

<3Joe's lil wolf<3
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
ertyuio Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Online dating 2 - July 30th 2011, 04:00 AM

Quote:
but shouldnt the fact that im always talking about him tell them that he means more to me than just a crush? shouldn't that tell them that i think he's the one?
No, it's a sign to them -- although it may not be, to you -- that he's manipulating you into thinking you love him, when you've never met him. It's telling them that you're so wrapped up in this two-dimensional image of a guy -- who may or may not be who he seems -- that your vision is getting cloudy; that you are basing your happiness on him, while they have strong doubts about him. It's a very bad sign to skeptical parents.

Quote:
ya but ive talked to his mom(dont like her louzy mother)he's never broken it off once it was always me even then he's said hes loves me he said he's tried commiting suicide the times he didnt have me he's worried about me when i dont tell him i wont be on its like he truly cares about me and he says he loves me everyday and he says he loves me with all his heart and soul like every other day if not every week. hes helped me through times where i thought noone could help me.
I've gotta ask: how can you love someone that you've never had the pleasure of seeing with your own eyes? Regardless of his actual looks, but based on the way he makes you feel by how he holds you in his arms, or looks into your eyes with nothing but affection? "Loving" in a general, religious type of way, sure, but in the way you mean it -- I am very, very doubtful. Others may disagree with me, but I don't think any form of genuine "love" exists if the feelings stay rooted in the internet, and over IM's.

He seems to be manipulating you into having a strong emotional investment in him. Telling someone that without her you'd commit suicide, is manipulation. It's the same as what would happen in a 3-dimensional relationship. In fact, it makes it that much worse that he says it online. If he's that unstable, then I think you should cut off this relationship as soon as possible. Not someone you want to be around in person, if he's being serious. With every update you give, it's worrying me more and more about how genuine he is behaving.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
crimsontears Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Online dating 2 - July 30th 2011, 04:08 AM

but what if im the same way? the one time we broke it off i was never happy, i never smiled, i couldn't think straight. it hurt to even breathe at times. i mean it feels alot like i found "the one" because he's treated me better than anyone ive ever met in rl because they were a bunch of jerks who felt sorry for me so they acted like they liked me.

<3Joe's lil wolf<3
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
PlayingPretend Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Elliotte

Points: 20,004, Level: 20 Points: 20,004, Level: 20 Points: 20,004, Level: 20

Re: Online dating 2 - July 30th 2011, 05:14 AM

Hurting over a break-up, and feeling as though you can't go on to see the light of another day, seems to be/is relatively normal. Telling someone you'd commit suicide or that you would/have attempted suicide if they end things with you is emotional manipulation, and I agree with Jorge; he seems to be fostering emotional dependency.

Why can't he come up to see you? If your parents won't allow you to go see him.

If you feel you'd like additional support or to speak further with me, you can contact me through my personal Tumblr, Love Like An Hourglass (click), or PM me through TH.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
crimsontears Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Online dating 2 - July 30th 2011, 05:34 AM

because of his lousy mother for one his mom is too lazy to get a job therefore they have no money.

<3Joe's lil wolf<3
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
ertyuio Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Online dating 2 - July 30th 2011, 05:40 AM

Quote:
because of his lousy mother for one his mom is too lazy to get a job therefore they have no money.
I'm assuming he's at least your age, or older (correct me if I'm wrong). Why can't he pay for it himself?

Are you both completely dependent on your parents?

I know far too many people who have gotten into online relationships just like the one you describe. If the alternate side makes excuses as to why they can't make any effort to visit, while they're completely within the ability to make the money themselves, then it's likely that they're making excuses for other reasons. At 18 years old, unless he is so busy otherwise that he doesn't have the time to work, he should be able to pay for things himself, regardless of his parents. I would think he can make the effort if he "loves" you as much as he says he does.
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
crimsontears Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Online dating 2 - July 30th 2011, 05:50 AM

He's 16 and ive checked the laws and everything its perfectly legal for me to date him, and his mom uses all the money they have to but games n crap. She doesn't even fix him food alot of times he has to fend for himself.

<3Joe's lil wolf<3
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
PlayingPretend Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Online dating 2 - July 30th 2011, 05:58 AM

If his aunt was willing to let you stay with them, would she be willing to help him make his way up to see you?

If you feel you'd like additional support or to speak further with me, you can contact me through my personal Tumblr, Love Like An Hourglass (click), or PM me through TH.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
crimsontears Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Online dating 2 - July 30th 2011, 06:04 AM

theyre struggling with money as it is i doubt they have enough to get him to me i offered to help pay once i come down there

<3Joe's lil wolf<3
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
PlayingPretend Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Online dating 2 - July 30th 2011, 06:32 AM

Well if you can pay, perhaps you can help him come up? The only reason I say this is maybe your parents would feel better if you could introduce them to each other.

(#19 (permalink)) Old
crimsontears Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Online dating 2 - July 30th 2011, 06:36 AM

i know i was thinking of one day when my mom is off she could talk to him on my messenger to get to know him some more since she is more cool headed and more open minded than my dad

<3Joe's lil wolf<3
Closed Thread