TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
futurefilmer Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,588, Level: 13 Points: 8,588, Level: 13 Points: 8,588, Level: 13

Cool Like my guy friend who has a girlfriend... - December 12th 2011, 03:00 AM

Hey there,
I am really good friends with this guy.Well, I've liked him for awhile now, but he has a girlfriend.
They aren't alike at all, which I find odd. I met her and she wasn't very nice haha. He was telling me about how she wants different things than he does (she wants them to go away to college together and he doesn't).

He and I went to a concert together awhile back and we are going to another one soon. I went to his band's first concert and his girlfriend didn't. We always joke around and it seems like he likes me. We have so much in common; our faith, our morals, love of music, etc. Of course I am not the type to go and break up people. I just want to know if there is something I can do... I don't know, maybe to subtly let him know how I feel.

Sorry it's so long... Thanks!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Points: 27,759, Level: 24 Points: 27,759, Level: 24 Points: 27,759, Level: 24

Re: Like my guy friend who has a girlfriend... - December 12th 2011, 03:08 AM

I mean of course you can flirt with him alittle! I'm sure if you say a few things that are flirtatious he will understand you like him - but I wouldn't go any further than that. Since he does have a girlfriend, I would not in any way stop my life to wait if/when they break up. So what I'm trying to say is even though you do like him, I would also try to look for other guys because clearly he is not able to date you in any way at the moment and it would be foolish for you to wait for the possibility of them breaking up. So sure, I would flirt with him, and be his good friend, but I would also look for other guys as well.

Best wishes,
Chris

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
— Malala Yousafzai
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Like my guy friend who has a girlfriend... - December 12th 2011, 03:15 AM

Firstly, just because they aren't alike doesn't mean they can't be together. My boyfriend and I are utter opposites, and we're going on 3 years together next month. Opposites really do attract, sometimes.

Now, my advice to you would be to wait. Obviously, he sees something in this girl and it wouldn't be fair to try to be with him right now while he's in a relationship. Not fair for you because then that would make him a cheater, and nobody wants a cheater. Not fair for her because she'd be the one getting cheated on. Let's face it: you wouldn't like it very much if another girl was trying to get with your guy, would you? Probably not.

Just wait until he ends his relationship with this girl. From the sounds of it, it won't last very long. Have patience, my dear. Your time will come.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
futurefilmer Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 8,588, Level: 13 Points: 8,588, Level: 13 Points: 8,588, Level: 13

Re: Like my guy friend who has a girlfriend... - December 12th 2011, 03:20 AM

Well like I said, I'm not at all the type to be all flirty flirty and whatnot. I was just wondering what to do.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Chris Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Chris

Points: 27,759, Level: 24 Points: 27,759, Level: 24 Points: 27,759, Level: 24

Re: Like my guy friend who has a girlfriend... - December 12th 2011, 03:24 AM

Well if you don't like flirting, and you aren't the type to break up the relationship, then I think there isn't much to do but live your life - and then if they do break up then maybe start telling him how you feel and hopefully a relationship happens.

Other than that, there really isn't much you can do in this situation.

Best wishes,
Chris

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
— Malala Yousafzai
Closed Thread