TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sam182 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,280, Level: 12 Points: 7,280, Level: 12 Points: 7,280, Level: 12

Could my girlfriend be pregnant? - April 4th 2012, 05:21 PM

Lately my girlfriend has been complaining that she has felt nauseous in the evening, usually while she was trying to get to sleep. We thought nothing of it until a couple days ago when she felt nauseous in the morning - then alarm bells started ringing. She has felt like this on two mornings in the last four days, but not in the evening for a while - it is really confusing us.

She has been taking birth control pills for about 10 months now, and we have never had any problems until now. She has been feeling this sickness on and off since her last withdrawel bleed 3 weeks ago, but surely she cannot be pregnant as she had the bleed?

Before she took her seven day break, she had gone without a break for 3 months, could this have something to do with the way she feels?

Hoping this is not a stupid question, we are just worried, thats all!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
dani99 Offline
Ms.Average
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Danielle

Points: 12,819, Level: 16 Points: 12,819, Level: 16 Points: 12,819, Level: 16

Re: Could my girlfriend be pregnant? - April 4th 2012, 09:25 PM

First of all, if she has been taking her birth control correctly, then there is a slim chance that she could be pregnant. Morning sickness, a common sign of pregnancy after the first 6-8 weeks, is not only limited to the morning.It could actually happen at any time of the day. If it's just in the morning, then that's doesn't exactly mean it's morning sickness. I know I always feel groggy and sick in the morning, and it starts to go away around the afternoon.

A little bit of bleeding is normal in a pregnancy, but if she's had her period (if it was any more than a light spotting) then she most likely isn't pregnant. When was the last time you two had sex? If you're worried about her being pregnant, then she should take a home pregnancy test about 10-15 days after the last time you have done it.

Just a girl with an angel above, just a girl with an angel to love. My angel grew wings and she did dare to fly. But I promise my angel, it's only good night but never good-bye. My angel, my angel in heaven above. My angel, my darling, you'll always have my love. Rest in peace, my sweet darling, it's only temporary that we part. My angel, my angel, how you still do steal my heart </3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25 Points: 32,429, Level: 25

Re: Could my girlfriend be pregnant? - April 5th 2012, 01:56 AM

Hey there!

Morning sickness isn't just limited to the morning. "Morning" sickness is a common, and expected part of pregnancy, and it's also not uncommon to experience bleeding during pregnancy. If it's anything more than light spotting, it was likely her period and then no, she wouldn't be pregnant.

If you're both worried she might be pregnant, she NEEDS to take a test. We can't simply give a yes or no answer because we're not doctors and we don't know you or your girlfriend and what her menstrual cycles are normally like.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
Closed Thread