Welcome me, I'm new!
- Lily M. Rosenthal
- Berkeley, CA, USA
- About me
- My name is Lily.
I'm in my first semester (almost second semester. Hallelujah) of college. I'm an English major (even though I can't declare yet).
As to who I am? I love to write stories, and I wish my characters were real. I take too many pictures, keep dried flowers, and collect ticket stubs. I buy rosaries and write down scripture, not because I'm religious (I'm not) but because they're beautiful. I save glass bottles and jars. I never fail to NOT keep my plants alive. I love making footprints in frost-covered grass. I have dictionaries for languages I don't speak. I wish I could have lived in the 1950s.
I love art because my mom's an artist. I love classical music and astronomy because my dad loved both.
- Here for
- Like to help and be helped
- Relationship status
- Am in first year of college :)
- Zodiac sign
- Reading, writing, sketching.
- Joan Baez, the Rasmus, Regina Spektor, RHCP, the Rolling Stones, Lily Allen, Fleetwood Mac, Coldplay, Indigo Girls, Dire Straits, Cat Stevens, Philip Glass.
- The Italian Job, Howl's Moving Castle, Totoro, Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service, The Dark Knight, Rent, Kill Bill 1 and 2, Lord of the Rings, Edward Scissorhands, Ten Things I Hate About You, Pride and Prejudice, Dogma, V for Vendetta, Harold and Maude, Ocean's 11 (and 12 and 13), Sin City, Spirit, Sleepy Hollow, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Moulin Rouge, Monty Python, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Rocky Horror, the Phantom of the Opera, Deathproof, Little Miss Sunshine, Juno.
- Lost, House, Gossip Girl, Gilmore Girls, Ugly Betty, and Psych. OH and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. AND Robin Hood on the BBC.
- Howl, The Phantom of the Opera, The Bell Jar, 1984, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The Book Thief, Fahrenheit 451, To Kill A Mockingbird, Watership Down, Catch-22, Howl's Moving Castle, The Catcher in the Rye, No Exit, Good Omens, Gone With the Wind, the Phantom Tollbooth, the Mortal Instruments series, Lord of the Rings, Lonely Werewolf Girl, Blood and Chocolate, Pride and Prejudice, Lamb.
- You clearly don't know who you're talking to.
- Elie Weisel, Eleanor Roosevelt, Ray Bradbury, Joseph Heller, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Allen Ginsberg.
- Favorite quotes
- Anything worth dying for...is certainly worth living for. (Joseph Heller)
Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. (Albert Camus)
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. (Oscar Wilde)
- Other interests
- Life in general :)