TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 26,546, Level: 23 Points: 26,546, Level: 23 Points: 26,546, Level: 23

why dose my depression vanish away and then come back - July 5th 2013, 01:58 PM

i have been depressed for a ermm year now and some daysill fel like a normal teenager. like now while im typing this i feel fine i dont feel sad at all bu i dont feel very happy either. im not laughing or anything im just normal straight face sort of thing. i was very very very depressed yesterday but i spoke to a friend and since late last night i felt like im not depressed and im surprised to wake up this morning and find myself still in the same mood as what i was last night. sometimes i can go a few days with out being depressed then ill have a massive lump of depression smash on top of me why is this i have not been to the doctor be diagonosed or anything either about my depression
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
justdatdude Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jack

Points: 7,304, Level: 12 Points: 7,304, Level: 12 Points: 7,304, Level: 12

Re: why dose my depression vanish away and then come back - July 5th 2013, 02:52 PM

Well as of your current attitude right now, " i dont feel very happy either. im not laughing or anything"

That's normal, there's nothing to be overwhelmingly happy about, or something to laugh about at this current time. So your attitude right now is perfectly normal. There are many things that can trigger depression, and also cause it to revert.

Current mood,(Whether something has happened that makes you feel sad)

Lifestyle (Something that you are not comfortable with in your life, whether it be the Present, Future or Past.)

Health. (Tiredness, stress, hunger, thirst, repression, etc..)

There are many things that can affect your mood, but they can only affect your mood temporarily not permanently, Your moods will continue to change until they reach the end of the circle point, where it should revert to complete normality. I advise you to look at the Factors above (Health, Lifestyle, Current mood) and try to target the main cause of your depression, if you still can not, its fine, the main cause of your depression Will reduce over time and be reduced to nothing important.

N/A
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
♔ Queen of Ambivalence ♔
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Emily

Points: 9,201, Level: 14 Points: 9,201, Level: 14 Points: 9,201, Level: 14

Re: why dose my depression vanish away and then come back - July 5th 2013, 04:29 PM

People with depression don't always have to feel depressed. Like anyone else, they can have their good days and their bad days. By textbook definition (the DSM) depression is a prolonged low mood for at least two weeks. If you feel your mood is really unstable you may be bipolar. But that would be something you'd need to talk to your doctor about. Obviously I can't diagnose you!

What you might find helpful is to keep a journal of how you feel. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, you can do jot notes or write paragraphs, whatever suits you. After a couple weeks look back at all the bad days and see if you can find a common factor that might be triggering your depressed mood. Or look and see if you can find out what's different on days when you're "normal".

♥ PM me anytime, I'm here for you ♥

Out of the ashes I'm burning like a fire. You can save your apologies, you're nothing but a liar. I've got shame, I've got scars that I will never show. I'm a survivor in more ways than you know. 'Cause all the pain and the truth, I wear like a battle wound. So ashamed, so confused, I was broken and bruised. Now I'm a warrior.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Laurasaurus Offline
Learning to Fly
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Laura

Points: 12,022, Level: 15 Points: 12,022, Level: 15 Points: 12,022, Level: 15

Re: why dose my depression vanish away and then come back - July 5th 2013, 08:21 PM

I couldn't begin to tell you why your depression does this (I'm not a professional ), but I do want to say that mine fluctuates, too. It's normal.

I definitely agree with Emily. Keeping a journal can really help you figure out what's going on with your differing moods.

I'm going to have to disagree with Tom on this one. Your mood may not permanently revert to complete normality with time. Depression is an illness that is theorized to be caused by a chemical imbalance, and time doesn't always fix things like that. Getting professional help from a therapist, counselor, psychiatrist, psychologist, or other mental health professional is probably your best bet at feeling normal and happy again.

When I'm feeling particularly low, some of the alternatives can help me get my mind off of it. Going for a run, talking to friends, or doing something with my cats are things that seem to help me the most. Maybe you could try some of these before you can get things rolling with a doctor.

If you want to talk or vent, you can always PM me.

1/7/12 - Live Help Operator | 1/25/14 - HelpLINK Mentor | 6/8/14 - Depression and Suicide Forum Moderator | 6/8/14 - Addictive Behaviors Forum Moderator | 1/11/14 - Videos Team Member | 4/11/15 - Senior Live Help Operator

“I will be generous with my love today. I will sprinkle compliments and uplifting words everywhere I go. I will do this knowing that my words are like seeds and when they fall on fertile soil, a reflection of those seeds will grow into something greater.”

PM / VM

Closed Thread