TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Wastedtime1123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Trace

Points: 4,960, Level: 10 Points: 4,960, Level: 10 Points: 4,960, Level: 10

Depression - October 29th 2015, 03:49 AM

So I've been having a little bit of depression at night for about four days now and it's keeping me from sleeping so I want to talk to someone about it. I always think about this guy that I used to talk to on Xbox for a really really long time ( it may sound weird) and now I don't really have a way to contact him which is why I can't stop thinking about this. I can't really get over it, it's really hard to.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
An Inspiration For The Broken
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mark

Points: 17,323, Level: 19 Points: 17,323, Level: 19 Points: 17,323, Level: 19

Re: Depression - October 31st 2015, 06:44 AM

Hello there,

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling down about this whole situation of yours. Since you miss this guy you used to talk to on Xbox and now you have no way of contacting him, could this be the reason why you have been feeling depressed and almost sleepless? If this is the case, then maybe there's nothing you can really do to contact him, unless you get on Xbox and somehow find him again. Can you talk to anyone in your family about this, or maybe a friend in school you can talk to? It's always best to confide with family and friends, but if you feel that there's no friends or family member you can talk to, it may be best to call a hotline phone number. Here's a link to the hotline phone numbers here on TeenHelp:

http://www.teenhelp.org/hotlines/

I hope that whatever it is that's making you feel this way, I hope it doesn't impede you from enjoying your day. I wish you all the best that your situation improve, and should you want to talk to me, you are more than welcome to through VM/PM. Take care of yourself.

Mark

“The main thing is realizing that even if you feel terrible for a while, that’s not how you’re going to feel the whole time. . . . Things change if you just keep moving.” - Gary Vaynerchuk
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20 Points: 19,057, Level: 20

Re: Depression - October 31st 2015, 06:16 PM

I think its best to remember that some people could be just there as friends /gaming friends/ temporary friends.. some could be your besties forever, and some could just be people you share a quick game of cod with . But perhaps if you remember his or her xbox username or account, there could be ways to contact him. But there's always going to be other people out there, other people nice to share /game/hang out with. When one door closes, another one opens. Its best to not think too much about it and concentrate on other activities where you'll get to meet peers your age, socialize, hang out and have happy memories together.

Rather than thinking about things that might not change, it's better to concentrate on positive activities that will change things for the better. Those will help you overcome your constant thinking, as well as give you plenty of good moments for you to look forward to.

I hope that things work out for you... you deserve better than to feel like this. And if you ever stumble or feel like you need help again, we'll always be here to pick you back up and be your pillar of support. Rant to us anytime! You can beat this

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: Depression - November 1st 2015, 07:24 AM

Hey there!

That doesn't sound weird. You talked to him for quite awhile and enjoyed conversations with him. So I think it's nice you cared enough to wonder how he is now and want to speak with him again. I bet he'd appreciate knowing he mattered to you. It can be difficult to suddenly lose contact with someone whom you enjoyed talking to so I understand why you're having a difficult time with this. I'm glad you decided to reach out here and I hope simply talking about it somewhere has helped.

At night when you are having a bit of trouble sleeping from thoughts, could you journal? Writing down your thoughts and feelings can be a good outlet because then your thoughts aren't only on your mind. Getting them out somewhere can be helpful. And you could write about anything you are thinking or feeling for an outlet. You can log on TeenHelp and come into the chat-room or you could message some of the users who are online at that time to keep you company.

You're a very caring person. When you begin a friendship with someone, you must genuinely care to still be thinking of him so I bet you'll be a very loyal and great friend to many in the future. Could it help to branch out to people in real life such as others at your school? Perhaps socializing and hopefully building new friendships would offer you comfort and allow you to move on a bit.

I realize this is hard for you but what is important to realize is that it is nearly impossible to simply quit caring or thinking of someone who you had in your life for a long time and/or who had an impact on your life. This is a situation where it's best to give yourself time, you know? Let others into your life and seek support. Talk about it and seek comfort. Let yourself feel the feelings involved but don't forget that it will get easier, alright? You can get through this.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Wastedtime1123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Trace

Points: 4,960, Level: 10 Points: 4,960, Level: 10 Points: 4,960, Level: 10

Re: Depression - November 3rd 2015, 11:11 PM

Thank you guys for replying. Getting this out helped a lot and all you guys replying.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Teen_wolf Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: SkyDance

Points: 4,978, Level: 10 Points: 4,978, Level: 10 Points: 4,978, Level: 10

Re: Depression - November 4th 2015, 01:11 AM

Im sorry i know how you feel somewhat and it sucks. Im here if you ever need someone to talk to
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Riverthewolf Offline
Skittles are possibly the best
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Matt

Points: 5,291, Level: 10 Points: 5,291, Level: 10 Points: 5,291, Level: 10

Re: Depression - November 7th 2015, 08:27 PM

Hey there
Im sorry
If you need someone to talk to about this, then you can come and PM me
Remember, Belive in yourself and Be you, no matter what life throws at you

Likes? You ask my likes, I will say tacos. ALWAYS!
Closed Thread