TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
chinatoocute Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,989, Level: 10 Points: 4,989, Level: 10 Points: 4,989, Level: 10

I started cutting myself... - April 30th 2015, 05:51 PM

I don't know why, i don't understand why i like it. But i started cutting myself 3 days ago i was just crying my eyes out and then the next thing i know i took my aunts sharp [Edited] and started to cut my arm. I heard how she said that this razor was very sharp and she couldn't use it cause it kept cutting her. So i took it into the bathroom and i sat on the floor and started to cry i put the razor to my arm than the next thing i know i felt well i don't really know what i felt but it felt really good and at the same time it hurt but the pain made me feel so much better and after the cut stopped hurting i cut myself again on the same arm near my wrist and again it felt so good. And for some reason i kiss my cuts that makes my body shake and make me feel so good i honestly don't get why i'm doing it but i think its because of my relationship with my mother and i feel like i can't stop that i need to cut myself again. I really and desperate need someone to talk to i don't know what to do with myself

Last edited by hocus pocus; May 1st 2015 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Removing methods of self-harm.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Theaweseomrguy Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jake

Points: 6,171, Level: 11 Points: 6,171, Level: 11 Points: 6,171, Level: 11

Re: I started cutting myself... - April 30th 2015, 06:06 PM

Hey this is tough I know this is hard to deal with. If you need to talk I am here, but also maybe you should try putting a rubber band on your wrist and every time you get the urge to cut you flick the rubberband this creates an effect that works for some people but not all. Family relationships can be hard sometimes I understand that and remember it will get better maybe not today or tomorrow but in the long run everything will work out.

You can PM/VM or email me if you want to talk

Jake
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Bluetears Offline
Blue
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Crystal

Points: 7,617, Level: 12 Points: 7,617, Level: 12 Points: 7,617, Level: 12

Re: I started cutting myself... - April 30th 2015, 07:26 PM

Hey sweetheart

Is there something that happened that might've triggered you into self-harming? If not, or you don't know, that's okay. It's good to stop cutting before it becomes addictive and harder to stop. Please take it from someone who is addicted, it is not worth it in the long run.

Maybe you can hide any razors or sharp things? Or keep them in a box and write a note to yourself saying, "Don't do it." That's helped me. I also recommend taking a look at this alternatives list. It's helped me alot.
http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/

Love you, stay strong! Feel free to pm me if you ever need help

"Remember your loved and you always will be. This melody will bring you right back home." - Linkin park, The messenger. Stay strong everyone!! You are always strong enough to get through whatever life throws your way, no matter how hard it may seem.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
chinatoocute Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I started cutting myself... - April 30th 2015, 08:01 PM

Thank you guys but I believe that I'm cutting myself because my mom doesn't want me anymore so she sent me to love with my grandmother
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Bluetears Offline
Blue
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I started cutting myself... - May 1st 2015, 01:04 AM

That would probably do it. Maybe you could talk to you grandma about it? I sorts know where you are coming from. My real mom didn't want me and my brother either. Our grandma took us and our dad in and my dad met my step mom. In the end, it work out. I'm sure it will for you too.

"Remember your loved and you always will be. This melody will bring you right back home." - Linkin park, The messenger. Stay strong everyone!! You are always strong enough to get through whatever life throws your way, no matter how hard it may seem.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
chinatoocute Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I started cutting myself... - May 1st 2015, 02:19 AM

My grandma is a heartless women she saw my cuts but kept to herself she didn't say anything about it I feel like I have no one at all to talk to honestly I feel like theirs no point for me to live anymore
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Bluetears Offline
Blue
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I started cutting myself... - May 1st 2015, 02:42 AM

Can you talk to a school counselor or someone at school about it? If not it's okay. I want you to keep in mind that you are strong enough to get through anything life throws at you, no matter how hard it may seem. It might not seem true, especially right now, but it's true. Life wouldn't be fun or fair if everyone got stuck in the middle, right? It doesn't mean you have to do everything on your own, a lot of times we need help from others to get through things. I want you to also keep in mind that things won't ever change until you make them change. Change won't come on it's own

(#8 (permalink)) Old
chinatoocute Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I started cutting myself... - May 1st 2015, 03:58 AM

Well u don't really understand what you mean with change but I'm scared to tell my school they are gonna put me in a mental hospital their gonna think in trying to commit sucide that's what happen last time I tired to talk to them about me thinking of harming myself
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Bluetears Offline
Blue
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I started cutting myself... - May 1st 2015, 04:47 AM

Hmm... You may always come pm me if you have the urges and you don't think you can handle it.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount63

Edit avatar

Re: I started cutting myself... - May 1st 2015, 05:35 AM

Just because you cut yourself doesn't mean your going to commit suicide and schools know that. Expecially if you show them the cuts and tell them it's a coping skill and you don't want to die. They won't put you in a mental hospital at least they shouldn't. But self harm is VERY addictive and since you only started this week I really think you should try and stop before it gets any worse. Talk to your grandma and ask if you can go to therapy maybe even tell her why. You should seek help as soon as possible. Telling the school is a good start but they might to be right to handle the subject. But Please seek help right away. I've been self-harming since I was 5 years old and it has taken over my life at times. You can always talk to me if you need too.

I want to say something about the rubber band that actually might not be the best idea. Because you could actually use it as a way to self-harm to so just be careful.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
chinatoocute Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I started cutting myself... - May 1st 2015, 12:51 PM

Well that's what happen in my last school they sent me to the mental hospital for threatening to hurt my self. An can you tell how to pm i don't really know how to actually.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
chinatoocute Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I started cutting myself... - May 1st 2015, 07:12 PM

I cut my arm 15 times again I didn't wanna do it but I had to it juss felt so good and the razor kept staring at me like it was calling me idek I feel like I'm crashing I'm honestly losing it
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
crotia Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 7,676, Level: 12 Points: 7,676, Level: 12 Points: 7,676, Level: 12

Re: I started cutting myself... - May 1st 2015, 07:20 PM

I have a friend who is very suicidal and the school knows and he's still around. Allthough he has help for it.

But check out this awesome workbook it may be of some help to you. I found it to be very helpfull. http://www.katimorton.com/sh-workbook-vol-1-sign-up/
t's totally free So I'd try it if I were you.

Also try to keep it from becoming an addiction. I know like you feel like you crave it now. But really the earlier you stop the better.

Also your grandma might just not know how to coop with it.

Helping others sometimes makes it easier to feel good about yourself and help yourself.

So PM me if You want.
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: I started cutting myself... - May 1st 2015, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinatoocute View Post
An can you tell how to pm i don't really know how to actually.
To send someone a PM, you can go to their profile and look under their name where it says "Send a message to [username]" and you can select "Send a private message to [username]". You can also click on their username in this thread and then click "Send a private message".

Like everyone else has said, I definitely think you should reach out to someone about this. Reaching out is hard, but it's worth it so you can get the help that you need. A lot of people have trouble with the idea of someone they love harming themselves, so your grandmother might need some time to think if you decide to tell her about this.

In the meantime, I suggest looking at the alternatives that have been provided to you. I also think you should consider moving the tools that you're using to harm yourself. You can put them in another room so you'll have to walk by some distractions, or you can put them up high so it is difficult to get to them.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
chinatoocute Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I started cutting myself... - May 2nd 2015, 02:28 AM

Thank you calico and Croatia but I'm gonna try to reach out to someone I'm just scared I might get judged or be called something. But I mght try telling my school guadiance I'm really comfortable with him just hope they don't try to put me in the hospital again.
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Bluetears Offline
Blue
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I started cutting myself... - May 2nd 2015, 03:32 AM

Maybe if they do try to, tell them you don't want to go to a hospital, or you can tell him that before you open up to him?

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Raven
Pronouns: They/Them

Points: 28,132, Level: 24 Points: 28,132, Level: 24 Points: 28,132, Level: 24

Re: I started cutting myself... - May 12th 2015, 12:11 PM

I don't think your grandma is being heartless in this situation I just think she doesn't know what to say so she's waiting for you to bring it up with her before she mentions it. I mean, someone really close to me got told about it by someone else but didn't talk to me about it until I spoke to her. You just have to mention it to her and she may have something interesting to say about it. If you don't want you don't have to but just an idea.

Senior HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator
Clothed in strength and dignity,
and laughs without fear of the future.
Closed Thread