TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
noseatbelt Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Toni

Points: 8,608, Level: 13 Points: 8,608, Level: 13 Points: 8,608, Level: 13

I don't want to quit cutting now that I've started again. - October 16th 2010, 05:28 PM

I can't keep hurting my boyfriend though.
I'm pathetic.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39

Re: I don't want to quit cutting now that I've started again. - October 16th 2010, 06:32 PM

You are not pathetic, your just having a tough time. Its good that your boyfriend is there for you, because having support can make a big difference. Do you have any friends or a parent you could talk to? That could really help. Remember that you arn't here by accident.

I'm glad you understand that you are hurting the ones you love. That should be a good motivation to quit. Cutting yourself may help ease the pain, but it is not good for you. Look for things you love about yourself and try and get yourself busy with activities that you like to do.

I'm here if you want to talk! Take care

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23 Points: 27,528, Level: 23

Re: I don't want to quit cutting now that I've started again. - October 16th 2010, 07:18 PM

I think Nicole has it right. You're not pathetic at all, and sometimes when you're having a hard time in life, you just have this to turn too. I know it's hard to think that you're hurting your boyfriend while you're doing this, but you need to focus on the fact that you're hurting yourself. It's YOU that you should feel like stopping for, and it's YOU that you should feel like getting better for.

You're not pathetic, not at all. You just might need a little bit of help to feel better about things. It's good that you have your boyfriend to care about you, so maybe you should speak to him and try to get some support.

Things will get better, you just need to try. Take care.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Ancora Imparo Offline
XVI VIII MMXIV. ♥
I've been here a while

Name: Jake

Points: 18,306, Level: 19 Points: 18,306, Level: 19 Points: 18,306, Level: 19

Re: I don't want to quit cutting now that I've started again. - October 16th 2010, 07:25 PM

Hey there,

I'm really sorry to hear that you aren't having the best of times right now but I promise you that you aren't pathetic, you're just going through a really rough time right now but these things can get better. It's good that you are concerned about hurting your boyfriend but I think the other two are right when they say that you need to be worried about hurting yourself because you're the one who will have the wear the scars forever. If you ever want someone to talk to then feel free to PM me at anytime as I'm always more than happy to listen and talk about everything and anything. I hope that things start getting better and you feel better soon.

Take care and stay strong, we're here for you.

When we're lost in the madness, kindness is wisdom.
Closed Thread