TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
kbell Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,973, Level: 13 Points: 7,973, Level: 13 Points: 7,973, Level: 13

Cutting. - August 18th 2011, 02:55 AM

Ok... so I don't really know what I'm gonna say. I just feel like I need to let it out... It probably won't be very long, i just need to tell someone even if it is someone over the internet.
I started cutting little over month ago. Let me start by saying that i've SH'ed most of my life even before i knew what it was. I would stick my hand in hot wax and pull out my hair. I've had family issues my entire life and recently it has gotten worse. My mom's always fighting with my dad and she's always in a bad mood. She has been calling me fat and saying how disappointed she is that i stopped gymnastics. I developed an eating disorder a little over a year ago (i won't talk about that here) and alot of emotions have been trapped inside of me.
When I first had thoughts of cutting I happened to get to know someone who has recovered from it. He told me it was addictive. I didn't believe him. The next night I was cyber-bullied for reasons that would take a long time to explain here. I wasn't thinking clearly and I was tired of everything that had been going on with my family. I gave in to my want to cut and now I somewhat regret it because I can't believe I didn't believe him. It is addictive.
That was longer than I thought. I just needed to rant and let it out... so yeah.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 37,460, Level: 27 Points: 37,460, Level: 27 Points: 37,460, Level: 27

Re: Cutting. - August 18th 2011, 03:38 AM

Hey, I'm sorry things are so tough that you resorted to cutting. I know from experience how addictive it is but seeing as you've only cut once (from what I gather) you can break the habit rather quickly. Hopefully. Take a look at the alternatives: http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f12-s...ves-self-harm/ Maybe they could help you the next time you have an urge to cut. I'm glad you're reaching out for help by posting here on TeenHelp. If you'd ever like to talk, feel free to message me. Take care.

<3Brittany
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
kbell Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,973, Level: 13 Points: 7,973, Level: 13 Points: 7,973, Level: 13

Re: Cutting. - August 18th 2011, 03:44 AM

Oh... I guess I wasn't descriptive enough. Sorry I didn't want it to be a really long post. I've cut alot more than once. And thanks for the link.

"Even when its 2 AM & you're crying your eyes out, I want you to listen to one of these songs & get back on your feet." - Greyson Chance
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 37,460, Level: 27 Points: 37,460, Level: 27 Points: 37,460, Level: 27

Re: Cutting. - August 18th 2011, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbell View Post
Oh... I guess I wasn't descriptive enough. Sorry I didn't want it to be a really long post. I've cut alot more than once. And thanks for the link.
I must've read it wrong. Either way, the alternatives are a good way to help prevent cutting.

Take care.
Closed Thread