TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Harm If you or someone you know is struggling with self harm and needs advice or alternatives, we're here to help.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
kitkabudal Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,470, Level: 12 Points: 7,470, Level: 12 Points: 7,470, Level: 12

Cutting Hurts - November 28th 2011, 10:31 PM

hi, i've never talked about this with anyone so i am not sure where to start.

my question is how do you cut? i try but the pain always stops me. i'm not saying i agree with cutting or not but ...it helps my headaches go away. i read some other treads and everyone talks about how they cut very deep and multiple times. but i can....not.

i only started cutting because a friend told me she cuts and back then i had no clue why anyone would cut so i decided if i was going to give her any advice like you should stop i should understand what she was going through first. my first cut was on my palm cause i thought if it left a scar it wouldn't be noticeable and the muscled area at the base of my thumb doesn't have anything that i can damage that badly. i really thought it out well before the first cut. that was more than four years ago. i stopped within a year and then moved on to college. maybe its cause i started cutting without a real reason or what; i am super scared of the pain. i like the blood, and i like how it releases the pressure in my brain. Recently the stress is killing me. and no i can't talk to anyone about my problems, so i don't expect the stress to go away. and i'm not even sure if i am aiming just for the release or if i want to kill myself.

sorry for the long rant. i'm not sure what i am hoping for...sorry.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
1yr1a Offline
Not a n00b

Points: 8,733, Level: 13 Points: 8,733, Level: 13 Points: 8,733, Level: 13

Re: Cutting Hurts - November 28th 2011, 10:48 PM

hey im a ex self harm and trust me this isnt a road you want to take it ruined my life i have to hid my scars everyday and its so stressful when people see and ask me "why did you cut yourself" you dont want that it puts more stress and on and if you dont like the pain or the blood then do really think this is the best ideas i can tell you it can (not always) get messy and i know you shouldn't be doing this i was cutting for 3 years and i wish i could take it all back and do things differently and my life would be so much easier righ now coz when u start if you dont stop soon you get addicted and it get worse and worse you dont tell people you hide it witch adds more stress and all so if you want to release stress go to the gym that releases endorphin (witch is what happen when you cut) or eat chocolate or distract yourself by reading a book or going out with friends kk thanks for reading this looong reply but i hope i helped and feel free to messgae me

I love sleep. My life has this tendency to fall apart when I'm awake.

If you want my help message me i will help everyone and everyone no one should be unheard.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Points: 23,852, Level: 22 Points: 23,852, Level: 22 Points: 23,852, Level: 22

Re: Cutting Hurts - November 28th 2011, 10:49 PM

Well, have you considered a better solution for headaches? Talk to your GP about the headaches, and see if they can help you find a more practical solution.

Cutting is not something that me, nor anybody else on here, wants to encourage. It can become an addictive habit, and causes more harm than good.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 37,460, Level: 27 Points: 37,460, Level: 27 Points: 37,460, Level: 27

Re: Cutting Hurts - November 28th 2011, 11:00 PM

Hey there,

Self-harm is a very bad habit that can potentially turn into an addiction. Do you really want to put yourself through that? I suggest you find another solution for your headaches and whatever else is making you feel the urges to cut yourself. How about taking a look at the alternatives thread? Not all of the things on this list will help you but if you keep trying different ones you should find something that will distract you and keep you from hurting yourself again. As Julz said, no one here is going to promote self-harm and they're not going to tell you how to cut yourself without holding back. If you're holding back, there's a reason why.

I hope this helped. Feel free to PM me anytime.

Take care,
Brittany
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Formerly Puppy-Sized Elephant
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Elsa

Points: 14,399, Level: 17 Points: 14,399, Level: 17 Points: 14,399, Level: 17

Re: Cutting Hurts - November 28th 2011, 11:08 PM

I agree with the above posters.

I can tell you from personal experience that self-harm is NOT a road you want to go down. It's a self-damaging habit that can turn into an addiction. It's not worth it in any way, so please don't cut yourself! There are way better solutions for headaches, and you can talk to your doctor about those.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,604, Level: 59 Points: 172,604, Level: 59 Points: 172,604, Level: 59

Re: Cutting Hurts - November 28th 2011, 11:57 PM

Trust me, you don't want to start self harming. It can turn into addiction very quickly. Nobody on this site is going to promote anything that can cause harm to a person. Try to find a different stress reliever that works for you, such as drawing, painting, dancing, exercise, etc, and as for the headaches, I would talk to a physician about those and see what can be done. Please don't start cutting, it does add a lot of stress in the long run and is only a temporary fix to the problem.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
lovatoac Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Devon

Points: 8,862, Level: 13 Points: 8,862, Level: 13 Points: 8,862, Level: 13

Re: Cutting Hurts - November 29th 2011, 06:11 PM

I agree with the above posters. Do not start cutting. It's really addicting and really, really hard to stop.

26 days self harm free <3

Stay strong <3

I'm just a girl that wants to believe in fairytales again...
Stay Strong <3
Faking a smile is so easy to do
Closed Thread