TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Goals and Ambitions Share your goals and ambitions here, whether they are about your future career, recovery aims or anything else you're hoping to achieve.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Hiraeth Offline
Glorious raindrops
Experienced TeenHelper

Points: 15,685, Level: 18 Points: 15,685, Level: 18 Points: 15,685, Level: 18

July Goal of the Month - July 9th 2011, 07:50 AM

Stop using Facebook as a heedless platform to express the excess personal sentimentality that no one else could give a scrap about.

Seriously, I think it would help.

I'd love to quit Facebook altogether, for that matter. I've thought about it many times. But I can't, because everyone has become so ridiculously dependent on that thing to communicate important matters. I can't afford to do that at all.

So, must exercise sensibility: use only for important matters....

Feel free to mention a habit or two that you'd like to challenge for yourself. It can be something totally different. Or, feel free to join in the rant about Facebook. Whichever.

"If limitations exist, it is because we have erased the possibility of potential."

Feel free to PM me if you ever need anything.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Points: 38,514, Level: 28 Points: 38,514, Level: 28 Points: 38,514, Level: 28

Re: July Goal of the Month - July 9th 2011, 08:45 AM

I barely use facebook anymore except for important communication with people, like the youth leaders. It's just pointless and boring.
I can't bring myself to delete my account, though...

This month's goal for me is to clear my email inbox. I have a couple of hundred important emails and I keep putting off dealing with them.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: July Goal of the Month - July 9th 2011, 01:33 PM

I don't think I could ever delete my Facebook I've become dependant. I'm lost without it! Which is eird because, actually, there's very little I do on there. I update my status with stupid pointless things and yeah, I like some pages and stalk some people, but most of my day is spent aimlessly scrolling down the page and then refreshing and scrolling down again. But I don't think I can delete it.

A habit I'd like to break? Hmm... Probably sort of the same as Hester. Mainly not dealing with important e-mails (since most come from TH anyway) but actually keeping up with deleting them when I'm done with them. It's so much effor though! It means clicking the e-mail, opening it, checking 'delete' and then actually deleting them I really should though. My MSN window has said '99+' for far too long

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Troubled_Heart Offline
Used to be Ianto Jones
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Melissa
Location: The room where it's red and black and evil people walk around pointing and laughing at you

Points: 17,337, Level: 19 Points: 17,337, Level: 19 Points: 17,337, Level: 19

Re: July Goal of the Month - July 9th 2011, 01:36 PM

My goal will have to be to get my running time down to 11.45 and also to get to 5 miles... Not sure either will happen

When life gives you one thousand reasons to cry, show life one million reasons to SMILE!

Closed Thread