TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
life101 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 7,391, Level: 12 Points: 7,391, Level: 12 Points: 7,391, Level: 12

Thumbs down rape:blame myself - July 19th 2012, 06:10 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

its been over a year since i was raped over 25 times by the same person and yet i cant let it go i feel like it was me who caused it and its been 6 months since another boy i was with raped me and about 4 since the last boy raped me is being raped my fault did i provoke it was it me trying to make my self feel better
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
........Hi
Not a n00b

Name: Veronique W.

Points: 7,733, Level: 12 Points: 7,733, Level: 12 Points: 7,733, Level: 12

Re: rape:blame myself - July 19th 2012, 06:26 AM

Im soo sorry!!! No Don't ever think it was your fault, because it was not!!! You had nothing to do with it. Don't blame yourself! It's theirs. They are very sick to do this. In fact they should be in prison. What I think you should do is tell someone you trust and go to the police. The police will capture these sick people to make sure they never do this to a young girl again! What they did to you was horrible. No one should have to deal with this pain. If you ever need someone to talk to email me or PM me!

PM/Email me at ilovemusic10101@aol.com.
Just email me if you wanna chat or need any help.

Just take a chance and don't ever look back

Why do you hurt me and treat me like you do? What have I done to deserve this from you? Would you do the things you do if you were me and I were you?
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Traci
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44 Points: 95,373, Level: 44

Re: rape:blame myself - July 19th 2012, 09:56 AM

Hey there,

I'm so sorry this has happened to you. Rape is never the victim's fault, no matter what. It doesn't come down to what you were wearing, or what you were drinking, or if you had pepperspray. These men had no right to harm you, and I am so sorry you have been dealing with these feelings for so long.

Have you been seeing a counselor or therapist about these feelings?

something burning?
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: rape:blame myself - July 28th 2012, 11:51 PM

Hi there.

I am really sorry to hear about what has been going on for you. It sounds like you have been through a really hard time but I think its brilliant that you've come to us here for some support.

What happened to you is not your fault in anyway. Nothing you did or nothing you said, caused you to be raped. You didn't ask for it nor did you want it and I think its time you started to accept what has happened to help you understand this is not your fault. Its completely understandable why you are feeling this way but you have done nothing wrong to be blamed for.

Are you getting any help to help you cope with what has been happening and how you are feeling? If you are, do you feel like it is helping you? If you aren't, do you think getting help is something you might benefit from? Its worth thinking about

Remember you are not on your own. We're always here to help and support you as much as we can.

Jessie

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Katelina Offline
Country for life
Average Joe

Name: Tina

Points: 8,334, Level: 13 Points: 8,334, Level: 13 Points: 8,334, Level: 13

Re: rape:blame myself - July 29th 2012, 03:21 PM

Hey darlin'; I should give ya a warnin before you read this. I am country so my wordin might confuse you. I'll try my best but it's hard sometimes.

I am dearly sorry about you gettin' raped. It happened to me too if it makes ya feel better. So from personal experience I'm gonna lay it down straight for ya. Some (most it seems) men think if a woman is dressed in a revealing way she is easy. Some think if she acts helpless she is easy. If you are the sheltered schoolgirl, the partying teen, irresponsible, gone on a lotta dates...lots of things can trigger a mans thought of this girl is easy. I think its stupid that ANY man would think that. But darlin' lemme tell ya it ain't your fault that you got raped. Its that sick perv who raped you who is at fault.

Some ways you can prevent that is take some defense classes. Go down to the police station and ask for information on some defense classes. Most stations that I know of offer defense classes. Take a few of those, or if ya have some country friends ask them from some defense help. If they see ya takin some defense classes most men will leave ya alone. Try carryin yourself with a "Dont mess with me" attitude. I carry a knife with me in my boot, its hooked to an ankle holster. It is not illegal to carry one with ya in public but is if you walk into school. It is also not illegal to stab him in a place that wont kill him for example; hand, foot, calf, lower arm. Try to avoid the thigh, upper arm, neck and torso. Because any of those places have large veins which if cut could cause him to bleed out.

But darlin you are not at fault for what happened. This guy gone and did somethin stupid. And if you are up for it you could press charges. But its all up to you honey.

If you need someone to talk to I'm here, I know what rape feels like. It takes a toll on ya, just keep your head up and try to make your life fun.

Closed Thread