TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Rape and Abuse If you or someone you know is being abused in any way and you need support or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to us here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Rach Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 9,369, Level: 14 Points: 9,369, Level: 14 Points: 9,369, Level: 14

rape - August 5th 2009, 10:44 PM

i got raped and beaten a week ago and i know you're suppose to tell the police but i just can't

i don't know what i should do, i just really feel like killing myself

what can I do to feel better?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
dancinfool Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Points: 12,309, Level: 16 Points: 12,309, Level: 16 Points: 12,309, Level: 16

Re: rape - August 5th 2009, 10:50 PM

Tell someone, please! Even if you can't cope with telling the police right now, tell your mum, a close friend, a teacher, or anyone you trust. Killing yourself is not the solution, and whoever did that to you needs to be punished so they can't do it again. The sooner you manage to tell someone, the better. Write it down if you can't say it.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Pour the Teapot Offline
Train whistles and cicadas
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Chloe

Points: 15,564, Level: 18 Points: 15,564, Level: 18 Points: 15,564, Level: 18

Re: rape - August 6th 2009, 02:26 AM

TELL THE POLICE! only they can get this guy to prevent him from ever doing anything like this again. do it for not only your own comfort, but for any other girls he might do this to. also, therapy and maybe even meds can help you feel better and not feel so suicidal. and eventually,you can get over this and be happy again.
PM me anytime!
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Points: 16,273, Level: 18 Points: 16,273, Level: 18 Points: 16,273, Level: 18

Re: rape - August 6th 2009, 03:35 PM

Hey,

I know no amounts of sorry can ever take away what happened to you, and I know it can't make you feel any better at this point. For me, sorry never did a thing. Because it wasn't from the person who committed the crime - sorry never conforted me. What did comfort me was knowing that somewhere in this world there are people who care and people who would never hurt you the way this person did. There are people who understand and want to help because you're not alone in any of this. What also helped me is knowing that I'm under no time strain to do anything. Just like you're not. I realize everyone here will tell you to tell someone. To come forward and report this man - I won't tell you it's a bad idea. But it's a hard one nonetheless. Though, you should tell someone and you should do this for yourself most of all - I know how hard it is to even remember that something like rape did happen. So I want you to take your time and not push yourself any further than you can. It will be hard, but coming forward is worth it. It can open many more doors to heal for you than staying quiet will. We all heal in our own paces. In our own ways. Some people need to forgive while others need to forget. The way you heal is unique to yourself and it isn't wrong so long as it's healthy.

There is no action to really help you feel better. I'm sorry to say it won't come over night, but with work and time it can get easier. It can get better. For now, I suggest relaxing and treating yourself to special treatment. The one thing you can't do is give up, because then all hope is gone. It's gone for healing, gone for coping, gone for ever getting the person who hurt you. So please don't kill yourself because that will get you no where. That will let the person who has harmed you win, and he has no right to. You can do this, it just takes time to admit to yourself that this happened. It takes time to accept that things will change, but they don't need to get worse. So, yes, I think you should speak about this. Whether it be to us, to a journal or someone you love - don't hold it in. Believe in yourself because we all do. Take care and remember to PM me if you need anything.

Have hope,
-Melissa

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
AshtrayHeart Offline
Human Wreckage
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Jess.

Points: 11,643, Level: 15 Points: 11,643, Level: 15 Points: 11,643, Level: 15

Re: rape - August 7th 2009, 11:35 PM

Tell the police or a parent and get them to tell the police, whoever you feel comfortable talking too aslong as they tell the police with you, the person has to be stopped so he wont do it again to anyone else or you.

'Cause there's no pride to be found when you follow sheep around..

<3 15/3/09 <3
11 months, I love you.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: rape - August 8th 2009, 01:34 AM

Hey there,

I too know that sorry won't really do anything because like Melissa said it is coming from the person who did it but I still want you to know that I am sorry you have to deal with this.

I know that one thing that can help when dealing with this is talking to a therapist. I know how hard it will be to talk to someone about this but it really can help. If you are not ready to talk to someone then don't force yourself but when you feel ready please talk to a therapist or a close friend because talking can be a good way to heal.

If, you decided that talking about this to someone won't help than maybe (like Melissa suggested) you could journal about it. I know that on a number of occasions journaling about the things that have happened to me have helped.

I know that this isn't what you want to hear but healing is different for every person but you can heal. Don't force the healing on yourself because that is never good but, instead, let yourself heal with time.

Please don't hurt yourself because of this because you deserve so much better than that; you deserve to live a full life.

I hope this helped and if you ever need someone to talk to feel free to pm me.

~Jenna~
Closed Thread