TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sprite-1 Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Name: Tommy

Points: 3,066, Level: 8 Points: 3,066, Level: 8 Points: 3,066, Level: 8

Pandemic fatigue and mental health - March 25th 2021, 09:50 AM

Because like so many of us, my sisters, Ted and I have bouts of sometimes, crippling anxiety. One method of reducing it is avoiding watching news on TV (unless there is an important government announcement), or reading corona news online. Instead we go for a walk, often staying out longer in my case, so I can do my online coursework, but mainly for that I go in our garden. And take a cafetière of hot black coffee. Mmmm!

This morning I found a very good article about pandemic fatigue and mental health in Monaco Life which we subscribe to. This article is very good! https://monacolife.net/pandemic-fati...mental-health/

The article made me wonder if 'Mindful Breathing' would significantly reduce the anxiety. I found this! https://www.helpguide.org/meditation...meditation.htm

Less than 10 minutes later after listening to this guided meditation, I felt lots better! I recommend it to you. It would be encouraging to read your thoughts on it.

Ted and I have adopted this method of Mindful Breathing. It's helping us deal with this ever-nagging anxiety, and I hope you will find it helpful, too.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: Pandemic fatigue and mental health - March 25th 2021, 10:09 PM

Thank you for sharing these links. I think they're really great tips on how to cope with this situation, and pandemic fatigue is definitely something I think most, if not all of us are feeling in some way now. Meditation is very relaxing and 'mindful breathing' sounds like a really useful technique to work on. I'm glad it has helped you, and I will definitely give it a go next time I'm not doing so well.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
merlinbennie Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 413, Level: 3 Points: 413, Level: 3 Points: 413, Level: 3

Re: Pandemic fatigue and mental health - August 25th 2021, 09:42 AM

Lack of motivation to engage in prescribed protective activities, which develops through time and is characterized by a variety of emotions, experiences, and perspectives.
As a result of the continuing coronavirus pandemic and the different steps implemented to restrict the spread of infection, pandemic tiredness is becoming a growing health problem among frontline clinical nurses.

No research have looked into the relationship between pandemic fatigue, mental health, sleep quality, and job satisfaction among frontline clinical nurses.
Humans have an amazing ability to imagine an activity they've never done before and plan and execute the activities required to complete it.
People regard mental exertion as a cost that devalues any benefit a work may provide.
Closed Thread