TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Eating Disorders If you or someone close to you is struggling with an eating disorder, reach out here to ask questions or to receive support for recovery.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Animeluver Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,510, Level: 10 Points: 5,510, Level: 10 Points: 5,510, Level: 10

Question I think I have an eating disorder, what do I do? - August 20th 2014, 07:55 PM

Ummm, alot of my friends have been sayiing that I have an eating disorder. Ok, so lately I've been wanting to lose weight so I stopped eating all junk food,I only eat about two times a day,I do 100+ squats and some other exercises,I use to make myself throw up whatever junk food I would eat, but know every time I eat I feel like I need to throw up and I get sick, now that I say it I think it is a eating disorder,I don't know what to do.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Most Likely Offline
Avete vos
Regular TeenHelper

Name: -

Points: 9,567, Level: 14 Points: 9,567, Level: 14 Points: 9,567, Level: 14

Re: I think I have an eating disorder, what do I do? - August 20th 2014, 08:11 PM

Forcing a vomit isn't really a good idea, never... Even when you eat junk food. Your body doesn't right away notice what you eat is normal or junk food, so when it feels your stomach is filled, it reacts in the same way, making you feel like throwing up. Especially if you excercise, DON'T MAKE YOURSELF THROW UP. If you excercise you need calories to a bit bigger degree. Instead of thriowing up junk food, it would be healthier not to eat it at all, cause it definitely doesn't have much health benefits.

Who dares - wins.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: I think I have an eating disorder, what do I do? - August 21st 2014, 04:49 AM

Hey there,

We can't diagnose you because we are not professionals.

It is important for you to know that forcing yourself to throw up is really dangerous. One of the things that it can do is mess with the potassium levels in your body and if they become low enough it can cause a heart attack. Eating disorders in general are very dangerous and I think that it would be wise for you to talk to someone about your habits so that you could work on getting help for this. Some people you could consider talking to are your parents, a teacher, a nurse at your school or a counselor. I know that reaching out can be really hard to do but in the end it will be beneficial because it will help you work towards getting the help that you deserve.

If you feel like you need to lose weight the best thing to do would be to go to a doctor and have them help prepare a healthy weight loss plan for you. If you are under a weight management plan with your doctor they will be able to ensure that you are doing things the healthy way which is the most important thing.

I hope that this helped in some way and if you need anything please feel free to message me. I would be more then willing to chat with you.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
luckiicloverxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kyra

Points: 8,431, Level: 13 Points: 8,431, Level: 13 Points: 8,431, Level: 13

Re: I think I have an eating disorder, what do I do? - August 22nd 2014, 01:59 AM

Not eating junk food is a good thing, but having three meals a day without making yourself throw up is very important for your health. As the two users above have mentioned, making yourself throw up is extremely detrimental to your health.

You should see some professionals like maybe a physician or a therapist.

Feel free to message me if you would like to talk

Kyra
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: I think I have an eating disorder, what do I do? - August 22nd 2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckiicloverxx View Post
Not eating junk food is a good thing, but having three meals a day without making yourself throw up is very important for your health. As the two users above have mentioned, making yourself throw up is extremely detrimental to your health.

You should see some professionals like maybe a physician or a therapist.

Feel free to message me if you would like to talk

Kyra
Technically, if eaten in moderation, you can have junk food. The key to a healthy lifestyle is eating things in moderation. You don't have to completely cut out foods you can just minimize the amount you eat. I could go into more detail but it would go against the terms of service.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
stelles Offline
stelles
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Estelle/Stelles

Points: 7,145, Level: 12 Points: 7,145, Level: 12 Points: 7,145, Level: 12

Re: I think I have an eating disorder, what do I do? - August 22nd 2014, 02:51 PM

There are a lot of different people who can help you - a counselor, a doctor, a nurse, even your school gym coach (My school gym coach wrote up a meal plan for my friend and it really helped her get over her ED). Reach out for help, and in the mean time, try to eat normally without throwing up.

Be yourself, because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Silvia Offline
Average Joe

Name: Silvia

Points: 8,023, Level: 13 Points: 8,023, Level: 13 Points: 8,023, Level: 13

Re: I think I have an eating disorder, what do I do? - August 25th 2014, 02:00 PM

Hi,
that's a good start to develop an eating disorder. It's important that everytime you feel the need to throw up, you just don't do it, go out, have a stroll, call a friend, whatever you need to avoid it turning into a habit. I you don't want to eat junk food, eat healthy, but eat everything your body needs, do not restrain your body from things, since the more you restrain the more chances you have to live a binging episoce once in a while.

Try to eat normally, 3 to 5 meals a day, meet with your friends, your family, do things you enjoy., and if at any time you feel you are losing control, ask for help, don't be afraid of asking for it because we all need a hand sometimes.
Closed Thread