TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
NeuroBeautiful Offline
Please call that story back.
I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24

Trouble taking medication - May 27th 2017, 02:09 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I know it is my choice in the end but I am having a hard time caring for myself and taking medicstion is one of them. It is for a UTI so it is 2 antibiotics.

I take my B complex and D3 vitamins though I skipped a few days at some point. But for UTI I haven't taken it at all.

It is more of an emotional thing than a forgetting to take it thing. I am neglecting myself and I am taking the risk of getting complications. But part of me is not taking it as a form of self harm.

I don't know what to do. The UTI was diagnosed in April on accident when i was hospitalized involuntarily, but I may have had it for years.

~Show Yourself
Step Into Your Power~

~Grow Yourself,
Into Something New~
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
del677 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Points: 5,755, Level: 11 Points: 5,755, Level: 11 Points: 5,755, Level: 11

Re: Trouble taking medication - May 27th 2017, 08:35 AM

Perhaps the doctor can give you an injection instead.

Or perhaps there's a clinic you can go to where they can administer the medication to you every day. Even if it's in pill form, the act of going to the clinic may have a positive psychological effect, especially if you get to see someone very friendly there, who gives you your medication, and interacts with you a little. Just a little human interaction each day may have a very beneficial effect (and may even enhance the antibiotic effect by elevating your mood).

[Now if the clinic nurse is a curmudgeon, well, I don't know, maybe it will still work. I haven't seen any scientific studies on friendly nurses vs.
curmudgeon nurses. Actually I haven't seen any scientific studies at all. I'm not a scientist. Who knows. Maybe you could give it a try and let us know which one works better ]

You can ask a pharmacist if the antibiotic comes in other forms. Or ask the doctor. Or ask a nurse. There are numerous antibiotics in numerous forms. Doctors just chose one, often based on insurance, or on how many times a day they think you can handle taking a pill. Maybe there's a patch you can stick on your arm.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
NeuroBeautiful Offline
Please call that story back.
I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24

Re: Trouble taking medication - June 6th 2017, 06:41 PM

I don't think injections is an option for me.

If I find the bottle in my room I might end up taking them. I guess I first have to find them. And after that it is a self neglect issue so injections will still require me to go to a place to get it done.

~Show Yourself
Step Into Your Power~

~Grow Yourself,
Into Something New~
Closed Thread