TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General Health This forum is for any questions or concerns about your health and wellbeing.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Vaccination reactions - June 20th 2021, 10:30 PM

On Sunday I received the Pfizer vaccination (1st) and I've had some weird reaction/side effects to it.

Most people said they had a bit of a 'dead arm' and that was it.

I had a slight sore arm and couldn't lift my arm as high due to where the needle was and was ok.

Tuesday came and I started getting a sore throat and a bit stuffy-nosed.

Wednesday came and I literally had to clear my schedule and cancel all my clients for the day because I could not stop sneezing at all. My eyes kept running as well. More than one person thought I had hay fever. I've never had hay fever in my life. My period also started a week early which is something that has also never happened in my life.

Thursday was iffy because my stuffed nose cleared but I had an out of breath sort of feeling in the back of my throat and I started getting a chesty cough. Plus I was still sneezing but not as much.

Friday came and I was coughing like crazy. It was very clear I had some sort of chesty cough, but again, my nose had cleared up and my sinus got better. I have no idea how I managed to be ok teaching 2 cardio classes and be ok the whole time.

Saturday I showered in the morning and my nose bled (I'm prone to them as it is). Probably from all the pressure released by the steam. At work I had a client in and the coughing got considerably worse, and my stuffed up nose came back. My client is a paramedic and heard my cough and said it's a 'wet cough' and I likely have a chest infection. :/ Wonderful.

And now, Sunday, a week later from my vaccination, my nose is less stuffed up but sore because of all the times I still have to blow it and I've had another nose bleed! I got some chesty cough medicine yesterday and it seems to have definitely helped. However, the sinus pressure is so bad that I have to keep taking ibuprofen because my eyes are in so much pain from it all.

I honestly don't know if this is all just some weird severe reaction to the vaccination, that my immune system was lowered so badly that I picked something up... or maybe a combination of the two. I don't know.

Has anyone else had any weird reactions/side effects to the vaccination?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,939, Level: 26 Points: 33,939, Level: 26 Points: 33,939, Level: 26

Re: Vaccination reactions - June 21st 2021, 04:32 AM

I had Pfizer also. My arm was super sore after the first one because of the way he did it (lasted about 4 days) and I got a headache after a few hours, but I get those all the time, so it may not have been related, and then my arm got swollen and red again on day 8, around the time I ovulated. Apparently, hormones increase your immune response?! The second one was bad enough that I called off work the next day, but not the worst I've ever felt. Just tired and achy.

If I had to guess, it was probably a coincidence. You caught something and weren't symptomatic until after the vaccine, which if that happens, can give you a worse reaction, and then that could've triggered your period, and whatever it is has now become possibly a sinus infection, so you might want to get it checked out. But, I don't think it was directly related to the vaccine, at least not entirely.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: Vaccination reactions - June 21st 2021, 10:53 AM

A short while after my mum had her second jab, she started getting itchy spots on her arms, and after a phone call with her doctor they told her it was quite likely chicken pox, something she'd already had as a child. Her doctor told her that it was likely her body was responding to the new immunity to covid and forgot to respond to other infections as strongly. It might be possible that you've picked up some sort of cold or infection and your immune system was preoccupied.

Either way I'd recommend calling your doctor just to check with them if you're concerned because they will definitely have better advice to give on this, and may be able to tell you if other people have had a similar response.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Pronouns: They / them

Points: 67,912, Level: 37 Points: 67,912, Level: 37 Points: 67,912, Level: 37

Re: Vaccination reactions - June 21st 2021, 10:57 AM

I've had both doses of the AstraZeneca, the first dose was fine, like I had no side effects other than the expected sore arm and achey feeling around the injection site itself; however after the second dose which I had last week I've had a couple of side effects like a headache and feeling rather tired and an itching around the injection site aswell as the usual sore and achey arm. They gave me a leaflet about what's normal and what is not normal/to contact my Dr about etc.
If the side effects continue maybe contact your Dr, my side effects have been easily managed at home with paracetamol/ibuprofen and putting a cream on and around the injection site itself to relieve the itching.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez

Points: 172,500, Level: 59 Points: 172,500, Level: 59 Points: 172,500, Level: 59

Re: Vaccination reactions - June 23rd 2021, 11:09 PM

Neither of my parents had any reaction. I think they both had Moderna. My sister had a sore arm.
I also had Moderna along with the rest of my department. With the first shot nothing happened. With the second we all had minor side effects. One coworker didn’t come in to work the next day and my boss took a half day. I pushed through, haha. For me I started with a headache that night and then developed nausea, fatigue, and hot flashes. I ran a low grade fever. My department had similar things as well as aches and they had chills instead of hot flashes. It lasted for about a day for each of us and then we were absolutely fine.
We’ve been telling people to get rest and have a lot of fluids with the second and consult your doctor if there are any worries before getting the second shot. It sucks that you felt so bad!

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Vaccination reactions - June 24th 2021, 12:11 AM

Thanks for all the responses! I've started to feel better after taking chest medicine and resting as much as I can. Plus the ibuprofen helped ease the pain around my eyes. My mum told me earlier she's started feeling the same issues I'd suffered last week. So perhaps I ended up picking something up. Of course it had to be me... -_-

I was going to attempt to get a doctors visit but apparently I can only call or email. Since my symptoms are clearing, I feel like I don't want to lumber them with my problems. The information about the 2nd jab is definitely appreciated. Once I receive a letter about it I'll have to plan in advance as I don't want to end up falling ill again.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez

Points: 172,500, Level: 59 Points: 172,500, Level: 59 Points: 172,500, Level: 59

Re: Vaccination reactions - June 24th 2021, 01:55 AM

Maybe you’ll get lucky and feel perfect after the second one!

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
dandycasper78 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 148, Level: 1 Points: 148, Level: 1 Points: 148, Level: 1

Re: Vaccination reactions - December 24th 2021, 09:40 AM

The first day after the injection of moderna without symptoms. On the second, bearable pain at the injection site, weakness, slight chills. On the third day, sore throat, barking cough at night. with time passed ...
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Stacey Offline
BrokenInsanity circa 2004
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Stacey
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 18,927, Level: 19 Points: 18,927, Level: 19 Points: 18,927, Level: 19

Re: Vaccination reactions - December 25th 2021, 08:55 PM

I had two doses of Moderna and Pfizer for my booster. First shot of moderna I had a really sore arm but that's it. Second dose I had a sore arm and couldn't stay awake, like my eyes were made of lead for about 30 hours. Booster dose this past week just really tired for a few days but nothing debilitating, and a brief few hours of muscle aches that tylenol quickly helped with. Any side effects typically pass within a few days if not quicker.

Stacey
Original join date: 27th September, 2004.
HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Astro04 Online
Community Mentor

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Luca

Points: 4,929, Level: 10 Points: 4,929, Level: 10 Points: 4,929, Level: 10

Re: Vaccination reactions - December 26th 2021, 08:11 AM

I did only one dose of Pfizer because I did the Covid on March. The side effects i had are the same when the Covid hitted me on the first days. A headache, feeling tired for one day. The next day I literally had nothing, so I returned to normal life.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,663, Level: 42 Points: 88,663, Level: 42 Points: 88,663, Level: 42

Re: Vaccination reactions - December 28th 2021, 06:53 AM

I had Astra Zeneca and with the first dose, I had a sore arm, I was tired but I feel like the vaccine helped me sleep that night, a bit of an headache which I took Panadol for and it went away and the next day, I had slight stomach pains. With the second dose, my arm was sore and I felt tired again.

I know a few people who had Pfizer and Astra Zeneca and they got really bad reactions from them.

Closed Thread