TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Substance Use Whether you are combating substance abuse, are in search support, or have questions about drugs or alcohol, ask in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Autismscreams Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Not sure if this is the right place... does weed react badly with opiods? - November 17th 2017, 07:50 PM

I'm currently taking an opiod medication for pain. And i treat my autism with marijuana. Forgot to ask the doctor but does anybody know how or if the two interact?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
Courting Chivalrous Fidelity

I can't get enough

Re: Not sure if this is the right place... does weed react badly with opiods? - November 18th 2017, 04:18 PM

Hello there,

I am unable to give medical advice as TeenHelp isn't a medical team but are volunteers and peers.

If you are taking an opiod for pain, did the doctor talk to you or the pharmacist about medication reactions? I know I have been asked if I smoke weed when I was given pain medication. There is a reason for this as some things do react, but I am unsure what would react to what. The purpose of them asking is because they can help you to ensure you are taking the medication safely.

I would also recommend calling your pharmacy or your doctor to ask them. A pharmacy would know more as they are trained in knowing which medications react or interfere.

On TeenHelp we have a resources page where you can find some helpful information, I found something that I thought could be helpful for you:

Erowid
This site contains a vast network of information on countless drugs including the effects, doses, health issues, legal issues, images, and the chemical structure of drugs, as well as experiences from those who have used the drug.

I know this isn't an answer you were looking for, but I recommend you calling a pharmacy to ask them as they are trained and know a lot about medication.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Senior Article Editor | Newsletter Editor | Resource Editor
Outreach Ambassador | Social Media Guru
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator

Closed Thread