TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death, Grieving and Coping With Loss Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Arcenciel Offline
Child and Youth Care Worker
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jen

Points: 18,873, Level: 19 Points: 18,873, Level: 19 Points: 18,873, Level: 19

Grieving... - July 14th 2011, 09:25 PM

Hey.

So as some of you who knew me from before I left, my baba died when I was 15. I saw her die, and I have PTSD from that event.
She was cremated when she died, and we have had her urn at home for a long time, but now my grandpa decided he wants to bury her, so on saturday we are going to do that.

I was supposed to talk to my therapist today about it...she promised she would help me, but then she got sick and ditched me today, and so now I'm here, alone, grieving out my ass, and I'm scared. This event (the burial) is a huge trigger for my ptsd, and all I keep seeing is her dying. over and over and over. I feel like going on saturday is going to just make me relive the experience again, but I have to go. My dad said if I don't go, I"ll be being selfish.
I went to a grief "camp" when i was younger that had other kids, so I called the coordinator of that program and told her what was happening, and she is trying to help me as best as she can. I am just really lost.

There is yet another problem...my grandpa was extremely abusive during the time I lived iwth him (my whole life up until march 1st 2011), and going to the cemetary on saturday means seeing him. My aunty (my mom's sister) says that grandpa misses me a lot and asks about my brother and I. He wants a graduation picture, and he is excited to see us. I'm scared. I don't want to hug him or see him or talk to him. I don't want anything to happen. I just want this to all go away.

Somebody please help me. I don't know what to do or what I'm supposed to do.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
dipka Offline
I gotta say what’s on my mind…
Average Joe

Points: 9,515, Level: 14 Points: 9,515, Level: 14 Points: 9,515, Level: 14

Arrow Re: Grieving... - July 15th 2011, 09:27 PM

Firstly, Im sorry you are still finding thing's so difficult, but everyone greavs in different ways. So in answer to your main question wich I hope Im wright in thinking is 'what am I suposed to do?'
The best thing to do is to simply be yourself. Do not be affraid to express your feelings, if you feel like crying then cry, if you feel like a hug ask someone for one, if you feel like being alone go to somewhere you can be alone.. ect. Basicly what Im trying to say is that everyone will react in different ways, this is completly natural and you should not be scared to show how you are feeling. Whatever it is it's what is right for you.
I hope that helps, any other questions please get in touch
Dipka

You have just read Dipka's forum post. Dipka is a HelpLINK mentor who is allays happy to help, please just let me know. Also, check out my profile for more about me
Dipka x

IMPORTANT!! When replying partiqually if I started the tread please can people read
the following thread
http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f122-...ngs-propperly/

In that thread poast 6 clearly state's what coulors I can see best so please can you use these if possible so I can read your reply.

Some of my favourite quotations
*what does not destroy you as a warrior makes you stronger
*the tree that is slowest to grow bears the sweetest fruit
*when the sky is at it's darkest is when you can see the stars
*Ancient stone cannot be polished without friction, nor a warrior perfected without trials
*The warrior who has the ability to move mountains begins by carrying small stones

Help-link Mentor 29/6/11
Closed Thread