TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
jessiemae101 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 5,638, Level: 11 Points: 5,638, Level: 11 Points: 5,638, Level: 11

I go to a Christian school... - August 31st 2014, 10:44 AM

Some girl the other day told me that if god dislikes you, he will kill someone close to you, the closer to you they are, the more he hates you. Is this just trying to spook me? Because my dad recently died of cancer.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
weaved1 Offline
fruit loop
Average Joe

Name: --

Points: 6,606, Level: 11 Points: 6,606, Level: 11 Points: 6,606, Level: 11

Re: I go to a Christian school... - August 31st 2014, 10:59 AM

False, because God doesn't exist and if he were to go by that logic; then he'd be nothing but a vindictive and diabolic man in the sky that I'm sure many more people would despise. Is this girl stupid or something? Death is a natural part in life I suppose. When it is time to go it is time to go. Simple.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Most Likely Offline
Avete vos
Regular TeenHelper

Name: -

Points: 9,567, Level: 14 Points: 9,567, Level: 14 Points: 9,567, Level: 14

Re: I go to a Christian school... - August 31st 2014, 01:22 PM

That's a completely false look at the religion. The God in Christianity doesn't "hate" anybody, as Christians believe in his love regardless of who the person is. I wouldn't bother myself much with what the girl says. Seems like her look at the religion is very twisted compared to what is written in the Bible.

Who dares - wins.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Adam the Fish Offline
The Skittlemeister.
I can't get enough

Name: Adam

Points: 21,690, Level: 21 Points: 21,690, Level: 21 Points: 21,690, Level: 21

Re: I go to a Christian school... - August 31st 2014, 05:49 PM

I'm sorry you've had to deal with losing your dad - I know that it's not easy.

If you believe in Christianity, then you presumably do so on the basis of the teachings of the Bible and your interpretation of those. To my knowledge, there isn't a passage which says that, and it's certainly not a very common modern interpretation.

I personally don't believe in any god(s), though, and I think it would probably be beneficial for you to see death as a natural part of the process that actually is life. You can't have life without also having death at some point, because life is finite; there's little we can do about this except make the best of life we have whilst we have it.

Best wishes.

Skittlify me up...
Adam the Fish | 26/08/12 | 08/10/12 | 02/12/12 | 09/02/13 | 01/06/13 | 30/08/13 | 25/11/13
...spreading happiness and joy around the Internet!
...well, I try, anyway. .......................
private message.visitor message.profile.email
"May we always remember that we are the rainbow."
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Name: Christina
Pronouns: she/they

Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24 Points: 29,768, Level: 24

Re: I go to a Christian school... - September 1st 2014, 01:21 AM

I am sorry to hear that your dad passed away. When someone close dies, I know the grieving process can be difficult (without the added pressure of people such as this girl).
According to the Bible, God loves everyone and does not kill people who are close to people he dislikes.
First, God does not "dislike" anyone.
Second, God knows that people are not perfect and he gives everyone free will to choose to follow him or to choose their own path (whether that is of following another religion or not following any religion).
Ideally, God would like everyone to followHim but He knows that with how the world is, this will not happen and
In the Bible there are passages that talk about the consequences of those that do not believe in God and accept Jesus as their savior. Nowhere do they say that God dislikes people. The Bible clearly lays out the eternal place people will end up if they believe in Him or if they do not.
It is a choice to follow God and I'm not sure how seriously you believe this girl was but try to reassure yourself that no matter what choice you make, God is not killing your relatives because of your searching for your own place.
The acceptance of God cannot be forced on anyone (neither can the lack of acceptance) unless the person is in capable of intelligently choosing for themselves are grow up in an environment where only one mindset is shown to them (but even then, as adults, people can form their own views).
In short, this girl has a very skewed theology, that or she was just trying to hurt you (in which case, I recommend you talk to a teacher if something like this occurs again). You do not deserve her harassment if this continues.
You need the guidance of adults that will wisely guide you into forming your own conclusions and that give you accurate information.
Take care and I hope this helps.

"i don't care your intentions. I just want you to know my self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go. At the end of the day...I can pick at the pain but I can't cut it away."
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
luckiicloverxx Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kyra

Points: 8,431, Level: 13 Points: 8,431, Level: 13 Points: 8,431, Level: 13

Re: I go to a Christian school... - September 1st 2014, 09:25 AM

Hey there,

First off, I'm so sorry about your Dad.

I don't believe in God, but my understanding is that in Christianity (I studied the Bible at school for English class), God loves all living things because they are his creations. And besides, it would not make much sense for him to kill a person because he doesn't like someone who is close to them.

Kyra
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
I can't get enough

Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29 Points: 42,913, Level: 29

Re: I go to a Christian school... - September 1st 2014, 01:05 PM

That's ridiculous bullshit. I'm sorry about your dad.x

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Wolfz Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Colin

Points: 9,927, Level: 14 Points: 9,927, Level: 14 Points: 9,927, Level: 14

Re: I go to a Christian school... - September 1st 2014, 11:08 PM

I'm sorry about your dad!

But as much as I know about God, everyone on this planet are his sheeps and he takes care of them and watches them so no harm is happening to them.
As a result of that, I don't think God even "hates" one person. He loves everyone. As everyone is his creation and everyone is special on their own.
You could be as bad as hell and he would still love you. Because he loves everyone.

Also, the death of your dad was just God's way to show you that he needs your dad really importantly and even though he doesn't live anymore, he will still watch over you and just wants you to be as happy as possible.

Remember, you can always talk to me if you want!

Colin / 17 / Pre-op Trans-Guy
on T since 12/21/16

If you need someone to talk or if you have questions, feel free to PM or VM me.
I am always here!
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Name: bayleigh

Points: 9,713, Level: 14 Points: 9,713, Level: 14 Points: 9,713, Level: 14

Re: I go to a Christian school... - September 2nd 2014, 02:48 AM

ok, no. no, no, no, NO. thats not how it works. i went to a christian school, and even the crazies there werent that stupid. i cant even begin to express how wrong that is. im sorry that she said that, and about your dad.

Creativity takes courage
-Henri Matisse

PM/VM me if you just need to talk. trust me, i don't mind
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

Points: 20,599, Level: 20 Points: 20,599, Level: 20 Points: 20,599, Level: 20

Re: I go to a Christian school... - September 2nd 2014, 03:37 AM

No, that is completely untrue. God loves all of his creations, and would never punish someone like that even if he did hate them.

Words cannot express how sorry I am for the loss of your dad.
Pay no attention to this girl, as she was either trying to make you upset or was truly idiotic enough to fully believe that herself.

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
KymPerson Offline
Budding Fantasy Writer
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kym

Points: 6,491, Level: 11 Points: 6,491, Level: 11 Points: 6,491, Level: 11

Re: I go to a Christian school... - September 2nd 2014, 11:48 AM

I really don't think that's true. She's probably just upset over a loss of her own, and made up a reason as to why it happened.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Twinge Offline
Forever we'll just lay here
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Vint Fall

Points: 14,243, Level: 17 Points: 14,243, Level: 17 Points: 14,243, Level: 17

Re: I go to a Christian school... - September 5th 2014, 01:21 AM

That's just her belief, probably. Like a personal belief. That doesn't make it any true. Things happen, it's up to us to view how and why it happened... so we make these reasons up according to situation and perception. No matter how you look at things, they may happen either randomly for no reason or randomly for a reason, none of those reasons being connected. There isn't a universal truth such as this, narrowed down to a single law, if there was, it wouldn't be about an obnoxious selfish god killing every individual for immature excuses, such as disliking others.

And I wouldn't believe in god's relationship with each individual; as we are made to their image as whole, they may only love us and connect to us as a unity.

I moved back while
my head was turned.

Upside down
closer to the end.

Afraid of the dark
within future times.

I'm drowning there,
my final chase.
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22

Re: I go to a Christian school... - September 6th 2014, 08:42 PM

I'm sincerely sorry about your dad. Know this though: God loves every one of his creations. He loves you, and He loves your dad. Unfortunately though, death is a part of life, and it happens to everyone.
That person telling you that God killed your father out of spite for you is complete and total bullshit. God has no hate, only love.
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Name: Dave

Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20 Points: 19,936, Level: 20

Re: I go to a Christian school... - September 9th 2014, 07:27 PM

First off, I'm really sorry to hear about your father dying recently - I can imagine that's been very difficult to deal with.

Secondly, what the girl said is complete and utter bollocks - assuming that God exists, that isn't how it works at all (see various passages about God being loving, compassionate etc.). None of us really understand why things have to be the way they are, but trying to pin tragedies on the idea that God hates a person is the kind of logic from the Dark Ages. If that girl truly is Christian, she should know better.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
RadioSerenade Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: The Limelighter

Points: 11,724, Level: 15 Points: 11,724, Level: 15 Points: 11,724, Level: 15

Re: I go to a Christian school... - September 11th 2014, 12:10 AM

I mean I have always been told that when God gives us major challenges, whether it be the death of someone we love, or sickness or injury or anything of the sort, he is testing our faith. I mean. I have also been taught that God loves us and when these things happen, he is introducing them because they will make us better human beings and better Christians and Muslims. We will never know the reason why God chose your father, he was obviously needed somewhere else, and I am sincerely sorry for your loss, and also the experience leading up to it.

But sweetie, the most intriguing question and the question that will lead to some degree of recovery is "why did God choose me?" God didn't choose you because you were sinful and he wanted to take something from you which you loved, he chose you because the experience, the strength of emotion and the strength of faith will make you a better Christian and a far stronger human being, that's worth sticking around for.

One more thing, I don't know whether you have taken some consideration of placing her on report with your school, but maybe that is something you might want to take up with your school. I mean if that is her actual belief, then that is fine but if she said that deliberately as an attack or a bullying method on you, that is very serious and needs to be addressed, so maybe have a little think about that.

God Bless,

H.
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Koharuchan Offline
Skittles Minion
I can't get enough

Name: Haru

Points: 30,098, Level: 25 Points: 30,098, Level: 25 Points: 30,098, Level: 25

Re: I go to a Christian school... - September 13th 2014, 04:39 PM

It sounds to me like this girl is just trying to bully you for some reason. If I were you I'd just completely ignore her, because what she said was completely untrue and in my opinion, she simply has her own beliefs that are quite twisted from normal Christian beliefs, or she was simply being rude/being a bully.

I love my Big Sleepy Bear.
I still fill my panties; do YOU?
No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. -Oscar Wilde
Buddy since 12/25/11 Self Expressions mod since 4/23/12 Helplink mentor since 5/9/12 . . . . . .Skittlify.
I was blessed by your companionship from 12/24/01-6/27/13
Closed Thread