TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Education and Careers Work of any kind can get stressful at times. Ask in this forum if you need help with coursework, applications, and more.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
alexandrish Offline
quirky and curious
Not a n00b

Name: iris

Points: 9,045, Level: 13 Points: 9,045, Level: 13 Points: 9,045, Level: 13

help.. I almost fail my college.. and it's killing me - April 19th 2012, 06:13 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

like the tittle I almost fail my college

I re-take my courses and yeah in my college we have to finish every subject in our freshmen course for 2 year.. if not we get kick out(don't know but this is such a weird regulation).. and this is my last chance

it's because I have less than 80% attendance and the lecturer ask me to somehow get sick note from doctor
but it's because I am sick.. I have monthly cramp and have bad stomach acid.. when I skip even one meal.. I end up dizzy then throwing up

I can't go to the doctor every time.. I have the medicine.. so I just took the medicine and sleep...

but when I talked to my friend the other day.. he took the same class with the same lecturer last semester.. and he said that lecturer is a nice man...

I hope it is an empty threat.. but he said"find evidence that I get sick.. if not I'll give you F" what he means is doctor's note right?
but I never go to doctor.. even the clinic in my college won't provide sick note(that's why I have to go to bigger hospital if I want to get doctor's note.. but I'm not rich so I prefer buying commercial medicine)

it's stressing me out.. the thought of killing myself flash for a moment....

but the real problem. I have final test next week..and I can keep my mind out of his threat.. it's killing me... I might fail and I don't know how to handle this situation

I just want to have positive thinking about this... help me.. please

[COLOR="rgb(72, 209, 204)"]

"Love me or hate me, both are in my favor…If you love me, I'll always be in your heart…If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind."
— William Shakespeare
[/color]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39

Re: help.. I almost fail my college.. and it's killing me - April 21st 2012, 01:25 AM

Go to every lecture from this point on, and be sure to sit in the very front row (get to class early if possible to ensure this is the case). If you're not feeling well, but can manage to sit in your seat and get through the lecture (then take the medicine and collapse in bed afterward), you won't get in trouble for attendance. If you're not feeling well, and you throw up in lecture (right there in the front row for your professor to see)... then I don't think he's going to keep hounding you about a doctor's note anymore. Go to him afterward (if that happens) and explain that you DO get sick (as he would have seen at that point), but you treat it with medicine, not with visits to the doctor.

If it's any comfort, you only have a short amount of time left. Hang in there, do the best you can - that's all anyone can ask of you! =)

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Veni Vidi Vici Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Points: 14,800, Level: 17 Points: 14,800, Level: 17 Points: 14,800, Level: 17

Re: help.. I almost fail my college.. and it's killing me - April 23rd 2012, 10:38 AM

Like PSY said, try to go to every lecture from now on.

I know this may seem a bit weird but if you REALLY get sick in class then you should sort of embellish it to make sure your teacher takes notice and sees that you've been telling the truth. That threat your teacher gave you is probably because he doesn't think you're telling the truth yet. You have no idea how many 'I couldn't attend because I was sick' excuses he probably gets so if I were you I'd make sure he sees you nauseous/dizzy as well as take your medication right in front of him. Hopefully this serves as a 'I told you so' towards your teacher and helps him realize you were telling the truth all along.

I know that plan could seem sketchy but that is what I would do; you wouldn't be lying, you would just be making sure he noticed your condition. After all, this IS your college education we're talking about, and it's very important for your future....

All the best... Carpe Diem.

Carpe Diem: Seize the Day/Moment. -Horace

Veni, Vidi, Vici: I came, I saw, I conquered -Julius Caesar
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: help.. I almost fail my college.. and it's killing me - April 23rd 2012, 11:25 PM

You should start going to class more. I understand that you have been sick a lot but unfortunately that doesn't really get you out of having to do your work or be in class the majority of the time in the real world. If you're meds are working well enough to the point where you are missing more than half your classes still, then you should be consulting your doctor and getting something better or having tests done to check for worse issues.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
alexandrish Offline
quirky and curious
Not a n00b

Name: iris

Points: 9,045, Level: 13 Points: 9,045, Level: 13 Points: 9,045, Level: 13

Re: help.. I almost fail my college.. and it's killing me - April 27th 2012, 02:40 PM

well I'll try attending my classes if I get the chance to pass this semester

some people said that I might just over thinking my classes and the stress+my sickness.. it made me think I just couldn't go to class....
some of my friends actually aid it's better if I pass out in the class than not entering the class... like carpe diem said.. at least the teacher saw what happened to me(it's just annoying.. I have tall body and people always assume I am strong and if I ever pass out in my class.. )

[COLOR="rgb(72, 209, 204)"]

"Love me or hate me, both are in my favor…If you love me, I'll always be in your heart…If you hate me, I'll always be in your mind."
— William Shakespeare
[/color]
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Aureate Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Natalie

Points: 9,574, Level: 14 Points: 9,574, Level: 14 Points: 9,574, Level: 14

Re: help.. I almost fail my college.. and it's killing me - April 29th 2012, 04:11 AM

Why not go to the doctor once, and get the doctor to write a note saying that this is a reoccurring illness? That in combination with the other suggestions might work?

Whats the point of having a rapier wit if I can't stab people with it?
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread