TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Music Discuss your favorite musicians and music, whether you listen or play, here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Have your music tastes changed over the years? - January 31st 2022, 12:41 AM

Mine definitely have.

As a child I loved pop music, so Britney Spears, Girls Aloud, Madonna, that sort of thing.

When I was around 15-16 I got into bands like Linkin Park and Evanescence. Then 16 and onwards I enjoyed symphonic metal, so Delain, Nightwish, Epica, Xandria. Other metal bands too such as Lacuna Coil, PAIN, Entwine, and so on.

Now I much prefer EDM, house, and synthwave. I don't really listen to rock or metal anymore unless I'm annoyed at something.

It's so interesting how music tastes change over the years, and how mood affects what we listen to.

What are some of yours?
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount81

Edit avatar

Re: Have your music tastes changed over the years? - January 31st 2022, 12:50 AM

When I was really young, I listened to teen idols such as Cyndi Lauper and Tiffany to name a few examples. I also enjoyed boy bands of the day, such as NKOTB (New Kids on the Block). And yes, I was born in the mid 1980s so I was a bit young for that.

When I was an adolescent, I listened to a mix of alternative and pop. Alanis Morissette, Hanson, Britney Spears, and whoever else my sister and her friends had playing on the radio. I pretty much followed their lead for the most part.

When I was in high school, within a year of graduating, I branched out and discovered a new soulful-sounding type of music. But they were still teen idols, or something of that sort. Avril Lavigne and Ashlee Simpson. I liked their melancholic songs.

That led me to liking bands such as Green Day, Matchbox Twenty, Five for Fighting, Evanescence, My Chemical Romance, and a few more. Pretty much your standard artist playlist of the mid 2000s.

I'm not into music as much these days. Not the listening aspect of it, anyways. I enjoy reading clean lyrics.

(But anyone within a mile of me will probably tell you they can sing Fearless by Taylor Swift in their sleep. )
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,709, Level: 42 Points: 88,709, Level: 42 Points: 88,709, Level: 42

Re: Have your music tastes changed over the years? - January 31st 2022, 07:56 AM

Mine definitely has as well.

When I started getting into music around 11, I was very much into rock music such as Linkin Park, Papa Roach, 3 Days Grace, Guns n Roses etc and I was into that sort of genre for a very long time. It was the only music I would listen to. I still am and still listen to those type of bands but now I'm more open to what I listen to. When I was 15, I started listening to Amy Winehouse and she was the one that got me into soul and jazz music. Now I love female musicians such as Adele, Amy Lee, Amy Winehouse and Sia.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Astro04 Offline
Community Mentor

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Luca

Points: 4,929, Level: 10 Points: 4,929, Level: 10 Points: 4,929, Level: 10

Re: Have your music tastes changed over the years? - January 31st 2022, 08:23 AM

I changed.
I afmit: it takes long to choose a favorite music gender, but I started with the old rock. I switched to alternative rock a couple of years after. For a while I was addicted to this, then metal, then poliedric (I listen everything) on these last years I switched for another type of music: electro. Actually I still listen electro music but I also listen a lot of songs for movies, games and I added a little to classical music and reggae. I also still listen alternative rock.

Am I still poliedric? I made a huge mix of all genres BUT NOT REGGAETON!
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,543, Level: 59 Points: 172,543, Level: 59 Points: 172,543, Level: 59

Re: Have your music tastes changed over the years? - January 31st 2022, 06:07 PM

I'm not sure if I changed. I grew up listening to Dolly Parton and don't listen to her as much, but I also grew up on my sister's music like Linkin Park and Evanescence and still listen to that regularly, also what's on the radio.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Rika Offline
Chat Buddy

Junior TeenHelper

Pronouns: she/they

Points: 13,432, Level: 16 Points: 13,432, Level: 16 Points: 13,432, Level: 16

Re: Have your music tastes changed over the years? - April 3rd 2022, 02:18 AM

I'd have to say maybe a little? I like the music I listened to as a teenager/pre-teenager still. I don't really like most of "today's music" or "top hits". Sometimes they can be a banger, but not all.
Closed Thread